Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Thomas Jefferson abused by liberals

One of these videos (one on the right as page loads on my PC) says "How
Jefferson's Phrase is Being..."

http://vidego.multicastmedia.com/player.php?p=y2b99484

Interesting how Jefferson's words were twisted by liberals to make them mean
something Jefferson never meant as proven by Jefferson's other writings.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:09:26 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

One of these videos (one on the right as page loads on my PC) says "How
Jefferson's Phrase is Being..."

http://vidego.multicastmedia.com/player.php?p=y2b99484

Interesting how Jefferson's words were twisted by liberals to make them mean
something Jefferson never meant as proven by Jefferson's other writings.

RogerN

Here, Roger, read some of this before that pile of b.s.infects your
mind further. Take particular note of the section, "Jefferson, Jesus,
and the Bible."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_...n_and_religion

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:09:26 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

One of these videos (one on the right as page loads on my PC) says "How
Jefferson's Phrase is Being..."

http://vidego.multicastmedia.com/player.php?p=y2b99484

Interesting how Jefferson's words were twisted by liberals to make them
mean
something Jefferson never meant as proven by Jefferson's other writings.

RogerN

Here, Roger, read some of this before that pile of b.s.infects your
mind further. Take particular note of the section, "Jefferson, Jesus,
and the Bible."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_...n_and_religion

--
Ed Huntress

Um, OK, I'm pretty sure I read that before, nothing new, is it supposed to
have something to do with what was stated in the video?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 19:17:37 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I had hoped that it might encourage you to gain a deeper understanding
of Jefferson's position. The Wiki item, as is often the case, is only
a door to the original references.

But that's a lengthy study. As you know, it's been a great interest of
mine, because I find Jefferson to be one of the most fascinating and
brilliant characters in modern political history.

However, relating it to the video -- a lengthy and horrific piece of
distortion, by the way, and you owe me one just for sitting through it
g -- the point was that Jefferson would never have supported the
teaching of any religious doctrine under the auspices of government,
as in the public schools. Besides the "separation" letter, he spoke
and wrote about the evils of "intermeddling" of government and
religion (teaching religious doctrine in the public schools, for
example) in Virginia.

Perhaps more important is a point in the video itself. It began with
an invalid assumption and then built its entire case on it. The
speaker equated the teaching of Creationism with Jefferson's belief in
a creator. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jefferson was, as
the video says, a "rationalist." An 18th century rationalist was one
who applied reason and science to all questions -- Jefferson advised
us to question everything, including the existence of God -- and
Jefferson himself got into hot water over many doctrinal issues. For
example, he was an early modern geologist, and declared that the Flood
was impossible. There's big trouble for you, but not as big as his
positions that Jesus was not divine nor the son of God, that all
miracles were false, that the trinity was hokum, and that Mary was not
a virgin. g

Creation, yes. Creationism, no, because it contradicts the findings of
science. And Jefferson is what we would today call a "scientist" above
almost all else.

So the whole story in that video is bunk, because it's premised on a
falsehood.

--
Ed Huntress