DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Steampunk wine opener/pourer (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/337026-steampunk-wine-opener-pourer.html)

anorton March 9th 12 08:31 PM

Steampunk wine opener/pourer

Absolutely amazing.

Clearly some hobbyists have way too much time on their hands.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2d1_1331231643

Tim Wescott March 9th 12 09:55 PM

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:31:32 -0800, anorton wrote:

Absolutely amazing.

Clearly some hobbyists have way too much time on their hands.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2d1_1331231643

That's very impressive. The only think missing is a little steam engine
to actually power the assembly, or at least some brass-bound electric
motor.

http://www.wescottdesign.com

Pete C. March 10th 12 01:37 AM

Tim Wescott wrote:

On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:31:32 -0800, anorton wrote:

Absolutely amazing.

Clearly some hobbyists have way too much time on their hands.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2d1_1331231643

That's very impressive. The only think missing is a little steam engine
to actually power the assembly, or at least some brass-bound electric
motor.

That is the first "Steampunk" thing I have ever seen that isn't simply
an art project.

Wild_Bill March 10th 12 05:27 AM

Steampunk wine opener/pourer

Very interesting machine.. but, he missed a few spots with the hideous gold
paint.

The static appearance and the full motion visual experience would've been
greatly enhanced by adding some varied colors to mimic other metals and
materials.. such as some copper or bakelite-looking parts and steel parts
with patina finishes.

Very creative workmanship, but half-assed considerations given to
appearance.

--
WB

m...