DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bonds (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/336515-bonds.html)

Steve B[_13_] February 29th 12 01:46 AM

Bonds

I am embarking on a new business venture.

It is international in scope.

What it is basically, is to provide goods and services to foreign citizens
in Mexico.

I want to keep it simple, and as that describes, have one umbrella bond that
covers theft, accident, and liability of myself or employees, agents, or
assigns.

I have had many bonds in my life, and they seemed easy to acquire.

What information can you provide that would be relevant to this situation
describing what bonds are good for what? This would be for an on shore bond
to cover maintenance, repair, and supervision of vacation properties of
vacant owners, and to provide concierge services during their stays to
facilitate their visit.

In the past, I had a surety bond of one million dollars provided by a
company in Italy that covered me in the US when I was a steel erection
contractor. It was about 30% of the cost of any quote from the US.

Should I start shopping in Mexico, or if this is written by a foreign
company, would it be recognized in Mexico?

TIA

Steve

steamer March 1st 12 05:26 PM

Bonds

--You'll need another million at least for bribes...

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!