DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Actual Unemployment rate = 36 Percent (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/336393-re-actual-unemployment-rate-%3D-36-percent.html)

Ed Huntress February 26th 12 04:03 PM

Actual Unemployment rate = 36 Percent

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:17:34 -0800 (PST), CanopyCo
wrote:

Allot of bull**** in this subject.

What I would like to see is the following.

Population of the US based on the last censes.
Subtract all under 18 yr of age.
Subtract all on disability or retired.
Now we have the base employable population.
Now, check to see how many have sent in their monthly income tax. That
is the working population.
With the employable population and the working population we can get
the % of people unemployed.
That is the real number that matters.
All the rest of them are just political bull****.

Get off your ass and go to the BLS website. Everything that matters is
there.

The numbers are recorded so one can do this for now as well as any
time in the past to see if there is improvement or not.

As a side note, it would also be of interest as to how many of those
that have jobs are working for the government in any way.
I heard that it topped 50% some time ago.

Everything you're wondering about is reported, recorded, and has been
readily available online for years. When reporting on manufacturing
employment, I've tapped into them since around 1980 -- long before you
could just get them online.

The people who think this is all some conspiracy to hide the "real"
numbers just haven't tried. Most people are too lazy to deal with this
subject in an intelligent way. It's not hard to understand. It just
requires some research time.

--
Ed Huntress