Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Monarch Series 61 rebuild

On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 23:59:45 -0500, Ned Simmons wrote:

I believe I offered up my LeBlond for sale here last spring when I
purchased a Monarch 61. I've been using the Monarch for several
months, but only recently got the controls finished. Up 'til now it's
been running on a rotary converter -- sure is nice not to have to
listen to it anymore.

No expensive fixes were required. Meter units for the three lube
systems, a couple bearings in the apron and tailstock, seals for the
control levers and shafts, seals and bearings for the coolant pump,
paint and painting supplies. It won't get carefully levelled 'til it's
in a permanent spot, but even sitting on 3 riggers' skates the lathe
turns true within a thou or so over several inches. Good enough for
who it's for, as the old timers around here say.

Some before, during, and after pics.
http://www.nedsim.com/Monarch61Rebuild/index.html

Ooooh!! Nice baby!!!

A very lucky man!!