DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wiggle room in new machine pricing.... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/335448-re-wiggle-room-new-machine-pricing.html)

Brian Lawson February 8th 12 03:42 AM

Wiggle room in new machine pricing....

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 18:46:10 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Awl --

Ie, discounts....

If the base price of a machine is $90K, with about $15K in options (rigid
tapping, larger carousel, renishaw, programmable coolant, etc), how much
wiggle room is there in the bottom-line price?

How does one gracefully, visavis combattively, negotiate a discount?

Big machine vendors, like Haas, have substantial educational discounts, and
I would think that "we" could get at least a piece of that.

Iny thoughts?

Hey EA,

Can you wait until mid-September. IMTS2012 will see a LARGE selection
of HAAS product, and they love to have a SOLD sign on a lot of it
really early in the show to have other prospective buyers feel "Well,
at least one other buyer liked this model." And they have to pack it
all up after th show, so shipping may be another price reduction.

www.imts.com/

Good luck.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Ed Huntress February 8th 12 03:49 AM

Wiggle room in new machine pricing....

wrote:

[...]

Good point. If you wait until late in the show, you'll get the
shipping slashed and a big discount. We'd sell Sodicks off the floor
at 15% off or more, plus the shipping.

--
Ed Huntress

Existential Angst[_2_] February 8th 12 05:36 PM

wrote:

[...]

No can do, unfortunately.
--
EA