Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Libtards sharpening their rusty coathangers across the globe

On 1/22/2012 12:25 AM, Benny Fishhole wrote:

The increase in rates of dangerous abortions and the failure of total
abortion rates to continue falling has previously been blamed on
shortages of contraception – a link the new study makes too.

"Globally, abortion rates have plateaued, and we found that this
plateau coincided with the level of contraceptive use," says Sedgh.

"We need to promote family planning and increase contraceptive
availability," says Iqbal Shah of the World Health Organization, a
co-author on the paper.

We're against abortions. We'd much rather see children starve to death.
We're compassionate conservatives. 8-)

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 22, 1:57*pm, Hawke wrote:

We're against abortions. We'd much rather see children starve to death.
We're compassionate conservatives. 8-)

Hawke

What part of contraception do you not understand?

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 23, 6:25*am, Ed Huntress wrote:

Planet Santorum, and that of many other Catholic conservatives. Within
our lifetimes we even had a Supreme Court battle over it -- Griswold
v. Connecticut.

--
Ed Huntress

I am reasonably sure that Catholics tend to vote liberal.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 22, 8:05*pm, a friend
wrote:

moral conservatives oppose contraception -

--

Got a cite for that opinion?

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/23/2012 9:47 AM, wrote:
On Jan 22, 8:05 pm, a
wrote:

moral conservatives oppose contraception -

--

Got a cite for that opinion?

Dan

He DOES! Go to libtard.com that's where they get ALL their "facts".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 23, 2:35*pm, Hawke wrote:

Conservatives are against contraception too, Dan. I've personally heard
Rick Santorum say so. So when you have Christian conservatives who are
against that too then you're left with nothing but to say women have no
right to decide to reproduce or not. If they become pregnant by any
means they MUST! have the child. That's the conservative way like it or not.

Hawke

You would be much closer to the truth if you said " Some "
conservatives and "That's the way some conservatives think should be
the way." I know a bunch of conservatives and none of them think as
you describe.

I am surprised that you " personally " heard Rick Santorum. Were you
at a rally where he spoke?

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 25, 8:42*pm, Hawke wrote:

I am surprised that you " personally " heard Rick Santorum. *Were you
at a rally where he spoke?

Dan

No, Dan. I saw him giving a talk on TV and he was asked about
contraception and he said he was against that too.

Hawke

I was giving you a bad time over using "personally". To me personally
means in person with no intervening things as TV.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message ...

On 1/22/2012 12:25 AM, Benny Fishhole wrote:

The increase in rates of dangerous abortions and the failure of total
abortion rates to continue falling has previously been blamed on
shortages of contraception – a link the new study makes too.

"Globally, abortion rates have plateaued, and we found that this
plateau coincided with the level of contraceptive use," says Sedgh.

"We need to promote family planning and increase contraceptive
availability," says Iqbal Shah of the World Health Organization, a
co-author on the paper.

We're against abortions. We'd much rather see children starve to death.
We're compassionate conservatives. 8-)

Hawke

When did the waiting list to adopt newborns end? Last I heard some couples
were wanting to adopt embryos because babies were so difficult, if not
impossible, to get.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 22, 12:57*pm, Hawke wrote:
On 1/22/2012 12:25 AM, Benny Fishhole wrote:

The increase in rates of dangerous abortions and the failure of total
abortion rates to continue falling has previously been blamed on
shortages of contraception – a link the new study makes too.

"Globally, abortion rates have plateaued, and we found that this
plateau coincided with the level of contraceptive use," says Sedgh.

"We need to promote family planning and increase contraceptive
availability," says Iqbal Shah of the World Health Organization, a
co-author on the paper.

We're against abortions. We'd much rather see children starve to death.
We're compassionate conservatives. 8-)

Hawke

And wars...we want all those aborted fetuses to fight in our wars.

Remember..we are compassionate conservatives.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/22/2012 9:29 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jan 22, 12:57 pm, wrote:
On 1/22/2012 12:25 AM, Benny Fishhole wrote:

The increase in rates of dangerous abortions and the failure of total
abortion rates to continue falling has previously been blamed on
shortages of contraception – a link the new study makes too.

"Globally, abortion rates have plateaued, and we found that this
plateau coincided with the level of contraceptive use," says Sedgh.

"We need to promote family planning and increase contraceptive
availability," says Iqbal Shah of the World Health Organization, a
co-author on the paper.

We're against abortions. We'd much rather see children starve to death.
We're compassionate conservatives. 8-)

Hawke

And wars...we want all those aborted fetuses to fight in our wars.

Remember..we are compassionate conservatives.

TMT

Compassionate meaning we let them die. But it's for their own good. At
least we think so.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 22, 12:57*pm, Hawke wrote:
On 1/22/2012 12:25 AM, Benny Fishhole wrote:

The increase in rates of dangerous abortions and the failure of total
abortion rates to continue falling has previously been blamed on
shortages of contraception – a link the new study makes too.

"Globally, abortion rates have plateaued, and we found that this
plateau coincided with the level of contraceptive use," says Sedgh.

"We need to promote family planning and increase contraceptive
availability," says Iqbal Shah of the World Health Organization, a
co-author on the paper.

We're against abortions. We'd much rather see children starve to death.
We're compassionate conservatives. 8-)

Hawke

And die from disease...how dare those little babies and young children
expect health care after they are born

Let them die.

They deserve it.

We are compassonate conservatives.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 23, 12:31*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

And die from disease...how dare those little babies and young children
expect health care after they are born

Let them die.

They deserve it.

We are compassonate conservatives.

TMT

Another person who thinks abortions are the only way to prevent
babies.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 23, 2:43*pm, Hawke wrote:

They're not the only way, Dan. They're one way. Not the preferred way by
most either. But you just can't as a man, take the right away from a
woman what she can do with her own body. If you were in the woman's
shoes you would want the right to decide what to do without someone
forcing you to do what they want. So you have to allow women the choice
of an abortion if they want. You can do all you can to convince them not
to use that but in the end it's their choice, but like I said before, a
lot of men don't want to give up the power of choice to women. It's the
conservative in them.

Hawke

And I thought it was because they thought that having an abortion is
murdering a baby. So if you want women to have freedom of choice, is
it all right for them to kill their children? And if so can they kill
children up to the age of 18 or do you think it should be up to the
age of 21?

Maybe my questions will make you realize that it is not because they
want power over women. It is because they believe that fetuses have
rights. Your ideas are so funny. You seem to think fetuses are part
of a woman's body.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 23, 4:32*pm, " wrote:
On Jan 23, 2:43*pm, Hawke wrote:

[...]

Separate the fetus from the woman's body and see how long it continues
to exist.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/23/2012 4:32 PM, wrote:
On Jan 23, 2:43 pm, wrote:

[...]

No, 12. 51st trimester.

Maybe my questions will make you realize that it is not because they
want power over women. It is because they believe that fetuses have
rights. Your ideas are so funny. You seem to think fetuses are part
of a woman's body.

They are until birth. If a fetus is stillborn, should the woman be
charged with manslaughter?

I think one may earn the right to decide about abortion for others only
after they have adopted more babies with severe birth defects than they
can afford to raise.

I say "may" because I don't like the idea of someone making decisions
about another person's medical issues without that person's permission.
Too much of the negative side of eugenics.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/23/2012 2:32 PM, wrote:
On Jan 23, 2:43 pm, wrote:

They're not the only way, Dan. They're one way. Not the preferred way by
most either. But you just can't as a man, take the right away from a
woman what she can do with her own body. If you were in the woman's
shoes you would want the right to decide what to do without someone
forcing you to do what they want. So you have to allow women the choice
of an abortion if they want. You can do all you can to convince them not
to use that but in the end it's their choice, but like I said before, a
lot of men don't want to give up the power of choice to women. It's the
conservative in them.

Hawke

And I thought it was because they thought that having an abortion is
murdering a baby.

Then you thought wrong. It may be true that some men think that when an
abortion is performed it's a murder. I don't dispute that men think that.

Women don't think that though. They think what goes on inside their body
is something that is nobody's business but theirs. You would think the
same if you were a woman. It's your body. Nobody but me has a right to
decide what I do with it. Is that a difficult concept to understand for
you?

Where the power comes in is in who gets to decide. Do the men get to
decide the abortion is a murder or do the women get to decide they get
to control their own reproduction. So it is a matter of men not wanting
to give the women the power to decide what to do. The men want to decide
FOR the women what they can and cannot do. Like they always did in the past.

So if you want women to have freedom of choice, is
it all right for them to kill their children? And if so can they kill
children up to the age of 18 or do you think it should be up to the
age of 21.

Now you're pretending that a fetus is that same thing as a child or even
an adult. They are not the same thing. Personally, I think women should
only be able to get an abortion for a short time after they find out
they are pregnant, just a few months, one trimester. After that no
abortion unless it's a threat to the women or the baby has real bad
birth defects.

Maybe my questions will make you realize that it is not because they
want power over women.

Maybe my point will make you understand this is about men having power
over women. In this case the power to decide what women can and can't do
with their bodies. Men don't want to give the right to choose to have a
child or not to the women.

It is because they believe that fetuses have
rights.

A fetus has rights. Now that's a funny idea. Anybody who believes that
has a very strange way of thinking. A strictly religious way that
overlooks facts and reality.

Your ideas are so funny. You seem to think fetuses are part
of a woman's body.

Why wouldn't I? A fetus is part of a woman's body until it is expelled
from her body. Until then it's a female component. Where did you get the
idea that a fetus is separate from the woman it's inside of?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 23, 8:52*am, " wrote:
On Jan 23, 12:31*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

And die from disease...how dare those little babies and young children
expect health care after they are born

Let them die.

They deserve it.

We are compassonate conservatives.

TMT

Another person who thinks abortions are the only way to prevent
babies.

It is one of many.

So why do conservatives resist allowing sex education and birth
control to occur in society?

TMT