DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Carton sealing solutions (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/333317-re-carton-sealing-solutions.html)

Larry Jaques[_4_] December 21st 11 03:01 PM

Carton sealing solutions

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 06:33:07 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Ignoramus22709 fired this volley in
m:

You cannot rely on intelligence to avoid packing mix-ups.

No, Ig, you can't. But you CAN count on stupidity _causing_ them.

I'll hold. Get as smart a shipping clerk as your budget will allow. No
matter the safeguards, a stupid clerk will bollux up all your best efforts.

And figure out the net shipping weight before packaging and have him
put the packaged weight on a shipping chart for you so you and (s)he
have a visual confirmation of correct boxing. Simple, inexpensive, and
damnear foolproof.

"Um, why does a loaf-of-bread-sized Inverter TIG welder weigh 324 lbs
in a box, kid?"

--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.