Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is it just me, or are laborers and handymen very unreliable?

On Oct 17, 8:53*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 04:08:24 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"

wrote:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
snip--

Harold...I am not trying to pick a fight nor am I am badgering you.

I do note that you have launched several personal attacks on me..

Show me one example. *Just one will do.

divert from the subject that you bought up.

That's absurd.

Harold, you are being trolled. *PDFTFT.

--
Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why
good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a

Actually he is not being trolled.

But he isn't answering the questions I have raised either.

How about you Larry...care to give your opinion?

What comes first...quality or compensation?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

You've heard my response, you simply don't want to hear what I have to say.

High pay does not guarantee quality.

High pay *may* keep a qualified worker.

A worker with pride will produce good quality, in spite of his pay. If he
doesn't, he *isn't* a good worker. Money won't change that.

You can not encourage quality by throwing money at a person. It comes from
within. People with pride work to the best of their ability. The losers
of today work
hard at taking home money---and nothing more.

And yeah, I do think of you as a troll. That, or you have no common sense.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, October 10, 2011 at 9:07:08 PM UTC-6, Ignoramus20811 wrote:
I had a few occasions, when I had to hire some laborers or handymen
(read, people who do simple one time jobs).

My experience with them has been abysmal, in the sense that most of
them are very unreliable. They can show up 1.5 hours later, or not at
all. They do not even think that it is a big deal.

Is that my own isolated experience, or has anyone else seen the same?

Unfortunately, yes, most of them are unreliable. They are unable to manage time and I cant imagine any of them would be able to hold on to a normal job without being fired all the time.