DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I hate it when I do this! (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/328331-i-hate-when-i-do.html)

Steve B[_10_] September 10th 11 03:43 AM

I hate it when I do this!

Today, I went to Vegas, and while there, picked up the unique carport
stitcher screws I needed after not finding them anywhere else. ($.17 ea.
vs. $.04 for regulars on ebay)

Anyhoo, they had this video going for metal something cutoff blades. A
video of their production, use, etc. It has a simple name, metal something,
and I just knew I would remember it, but now can't. It was very
interesting, and they made saws to go with it that would keep up the torque
at the slow speed of a metal cutting blade.

I was going to write it down, but ....... I forgot my pen in the truck.

This getting old sucks.

Anyone know its name?

Steve

Glenn Lyford September 10th 11 11:28 AM

I hate it when I do this!

Anyhoo, they had this video going for metal something cutoff blades. *A
video of their production, use, etc. *It has a simple name, metal something,
and I just knew I would remember it, but now can't. *It was very
interesting, and they made saws to go with it that would keep up the torque
at the slow speed of a metal cutting blade.

I was going to write it down, but ....... I forgot my pen in the truck.

This getting old sucks.

Anyone know its name?

Sounds like the "Metal Devil":
http://www.mkmorse.com/products/index.aspx?product=75
There are others:
http://www.tenryu.com/prf.html
They've been on the market for a while, I suspect most of the name
brands now make them (dewalt, freud, ...). I think the last time
these came up for discussion a lot of people were recommending the
skil 77 and similar worm drive saws for these as being better able to
stand up to the abuse.
--Glenn Lyford

DanG September 10th 11 07:52 PM

I hate it when I do this!

On 9/9/2011 9:43 PM, Steve B wrote:
Today, I went to Vegas, and while there, picked up the unique carport
stitcher screws I needed after not finding them anywhere else. ($.17 ea.
vs. $.04 for regulars on ebay)

Anyhoo, they had this video going for metal something cutoff blades. A
video of their production, use, etc. It has a simple name, metal something,
and I just knew I would remember it, but now can't. It was very
interesting, and they made saws to go with it that would keep up the torque
at the slow speed of a metal cutting blade.

I was going to write it down, but ....... I forgot my pen in the truck.

This getting old sucks.

Anyone know its name?

Steve

Steve, one of the big players is Evolution:
http://www.medfordtools.com/evolution/evo180.html

Others include Milwaukee, DeWalt, and Morse though I use a worm drive
saw rather than a dedicated unit.

Steve B[_10_] September 10th 11 10:31 PM

I hate it when I do this!

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

It was the Morse Metal Devil. Looked impressive, but no doubt spendy.

Steve

Steve B[_10_] September 10th 11 10:35 PM

I hate it when I do this!

"DanG" wrote in message
[...]

The Medfords are less than I thought, at $180 for saw and blade. The Morse
Metal Devil is up there in cost, though.

Steve

Larry Jaques[_4_] September 10th 11 10:51 PM

I hate it when I do this!

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 13:52:24 -0500, DanG wrote:

Steve, one of the big players is Evolution:
http://www.medfordtools.com/evolution/evo180.html

Pretty cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVNIIkqCBU
$179 is much better than the Metal Devil's $469 price.

--
Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.
-- Seneca