DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   carbide vs. solid carbide? Cheap carbide? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/327975-re-carbide-vs-solid-carbide-cheap-carbide.html)

Ecnerwal[_3_] September 2nd 11 03:08 AM

carbide vs. solid carbide? Cheap carbide?

In article ,
Jon Elson wrote:

The genesis of the non-solid variety, as far as I know, is that in the
beginning, there
were cutters made with steel shanks and the cutter was welded on, probably
during the sintering process. I know this was true with carbide circuit
board drills. I'm sure nobody makes them this way anymore, at least in
modest sizes up to a couple inches diameter.

Sure they do. Go buy a masonry bit.