DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT 60 w T12 bulbs??? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/326741-ot-60-w-t12-bulbs.html)

[email protected] July 29th 11 03:44 AM

OT 60 w T12 bulbs???

I tried to post this yesterday but I am unable to find my postingthis
evening so I am reposting- apollogies if it ends up being duplicate.

I was in a Lowes Home Center last week and saw some 60W T12
flourescent tubes. THese tubes had a socket on the ends instead of
pins- I had never seen such tubes before. I did a quick Google search
to find out more but mostly what I got were sellers hawking their
wares. One link did mention that a special (higher wattage) ballast is
required to operate these tubes. So what are these tubes used for?
Do they give off proportionately 50% more light? Where does one go to
buy the light fixture. Are these 115 v fixtures or 230V? I am
curious more than planning to relamp my workshop but I do like to know
what other options are out there. TIA

tnik July 29th 11 03:37 PM

OT 60 w T12 bulbs???

On 7/28/2011 10:44 PM, wrote:
I tried to post this yesterday but I am unable to find my postingthis
evening so I am reposting- apollogies if it ends up being duplicate.

I was in a Lowes Home Center last week and saw some 60W T12
flourescent tubes. THese tubes had a socket on the ends instead of
pins- I had never seen such tubes before. I did a quick Google search
to find out more but mostly what I got were sellers hawking their
wares. One link did mention that a special (higher wattage) ballast is
required to operate these tubes. So what are these tubes used for?
Do they give off proportionately 50% more light? Where does one go to
buy the light fixture. Are these 115 v fixtures or 230V? I am
curious more than planning to relamp my workshop but I do like to know
what other options are out there. TIA

Artemus replied with this:

www1.eere.energy.gov/femp/pdfs/fluor_lamps.pdf