DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Torque in the shop aid I spotted: (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/326418-torque-shop-aid-i-spotted.html)

Martin Eastburn July 24th 11 04:19 AM

Torque in the shop aid I spotted:

In my IMPD July 2011 mag I noticed an add by E-Z RED

Wrench connection - Metric and Imperial (standard)

These are like top hats - the inside of the hat is square drive female
set up for your socket driver or breaker bar. The outside of the hat
is a hex drive that fits into a box end or straight wrench.
The rim of the hat contains two magnets that help keep the wrenches
attached.

So a box end attaches to the work and is extended by a breaker bar or
socket wrench.

http://www.ezred.com

Martin

Martin Eastburn July 24th 11 04:36 AM

Torque in the shop aid I spotted:

http://www.ezred.com/Product_Pages/WC200.htm
is closer. WC100.htm is the metric.

Martin

[email protected] July 25th 11 04:55 AM

Torque in the shop aid I spotted:

On Jul 23, 9:19*pm, Martin Eastburn
wrote:
In my IMPD July 2011 mag I noticed an add by E-Z RED

Wrench connection - Metric and Imperial (standard)

These are like top hats - the inside of the hat is square drive female
set up for your socket driver or breaker bar. *The outside of the hat
is a hex drive that fits into a box end or straight wrench.
The rim of the hat contains two magnets that help keep the wrenches
attached.

So a box end attaches to the work and is extended by a breaker bar or
socket wrench.

http://www.ezred.com

Martin

I've seen the reverse, a male square end to fit a socket and a
standard-sized hex to fit a wrench Would be handier for the stuff I
work on where I can get a socket onto the fastener, but a ratchet or
breaker bar just won't make it and a box end can't get to it.

Stan

asheksp August 16th 11 10:54 AM

Torque in the shop aid I spotted:

responding to