DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Statistics for week ending 20110711 (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/325995-re-statistics-week-ending-20110711-a.html)

Dennis July 14th 11 03:08 PM

Statistics for week ending 20110711

On 2011-07-11, Jon wrote:
On 7/11/2011 5:51 AM, Dennis wrote:

if NEWSGROUPS contains "survivalism" delete
if NEWSGROUPS contains "politics" delete

Hey, thanks for that. I went to add this, and found there was no
Newsgroups option. But noticed 'Customize' and discovered I could add
it. Well, next pass I guess I'll find out if that works!

Another useful trick (depending on how wildcarding works in
there) is to bin articles whose "Newsgroups: " header contains more than
two commas (more than three actual newsgroups).

If you have scoring (as mine does) you can add an additional
negative increment for each extra comma. This can let a positive score
contribution from a trusted poster override four newsgroups, but not
five for example.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Thanks Don, I think I'll try adding the "comma" filter - I'm still
getting some survivalism / politics crap through.