Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default For Iggy: Self Balancing Skateboard

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/ns...kateboard.html

Oh Boy! I'm thinking a couple of your bigger
servo motors and a couple 10" pneumatic tires!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 5, 12:16*am, Winston wrote:
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/ns...r-own-self-bal...

Oh Boy! *I'm thinking a couple of your bigger
servo motors and a couple 10" pneumatic tires!

--Winston

When Doug Fields was Chief Technology Officer, Segway held "Frog Days"
where the engineers could build such toys from the plentiful
collection of scrap, hopefully inspiring a new product. I don't know
if he's held them at Apple.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jul 5, 12:16 am, wrote:
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/ns...r-own-self-bal...

Oh Boy! I'm thinking a couple of your bigger
servo motors and a couple 10" pneumatic tires!

--Winston

When Doug Fields was Chief Technology Officer, Segway held "Frog Days"
where the engineers could build such toys from the plentiful
collection of scrap, hopefully inspiring a new product. I don't know
if he's held them at Apple.

He sounds like an excellent boss to me.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 5, 8:59*am, Winston wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
When Doug Fields was Chief Technology Officer, Segway held "Frog Days"
where the engineers could build such toys from the plentiful
collection of scrap, hopefully inspiring a new product. I don't know
if he's held them at Apple.

He sounds like an excellent boss to me.
--Winston

Sometimes it was great, other times like Orange County Choppers.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jul 5, 8:59 am, wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
When Doug Fields was Chief Technology Officer, Segway held "Frog Days"
where the engineers could build such toys from the plentiful
collection of scrap, hopefully inspiring a new product. I don't know
if he's held them at Apple.

He sounds like an excellent boss to me.
--Winston

Sometimes it was great, other times like Orange County Choppers.

Grumpy old guys yelling insults and slamming doors?

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.crafts.metalworking, wrote:
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/ns...kateboard.html

Oh Boy! I'm thinking a couple of your bigger
servo motors and a couple 10" pneumatic tires!

I've seen diagrams of similar in the patents that Dean Kamen of
Segway has filed.

Elijah
------
remebers when Dean Kamen was famous for wheel chair that could manage stairs

Nifty!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-05, Winston wrote:
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/ns...kateboard.html

Oh Boy! I'm thinking a couple of your bigger
servo motors and a couple 10" pneumatic tires!

Looks very interesting. What I would really like to do, if I had a
spare $3,000, is to build an automatic sniper soldier. It would be a
robot programmed to shoot at certain color light bulbs as they light
up (so that it is safe to test). It would, of course, shoot BBs or
some other safe projectiles.

If used in a real war, it could potentially deny the enemy a sector,
without exposing any soldiers.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-05, Winston wrote:
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/ns...kateboard.html

Oh Boy! I'm thinking a couple of your bigger
servo motors and a couple 10" pneumatic tires!

Looks very interesting. What I would really like to do, if I had a
spare $3,000, is to build an automatic sniper soldier. It would be a
robot programmed to shoot at certain color light bulbs as they light
up (so that it is safe to test). It would, of course, shoot BBs or
some other safe projectiles.

If used in a real war, it could potentially deny the enemy a sector,
without exposing any soldiers.

Do you know about the US Army's Unmanned Ground Vehicle program? They have
robots equipped with machine guns.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...robots/4252643

I'm sure there's better info than that article, but it was handy.

--
Ed Huntress