DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Picture, taking engine out of the compressor/BBQ grill (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/325438-picture-taking-engine-out-compressor-bbq-grill.html)

Ignoramus3845 July 2nd 11 05:31 PM

Picture, taking engine out of the compressor/BBQ grill

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...ng-Engine-Out/

Steve B[_10_] July 2nd 11 07:57 PM

"Ignoramus3845" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...ng-Engine-Out/

Iggy, have you ever considered hyperbaric barbecueing?

Just a thought.

I've heard of barbecueing with liquid oxygen. I think hyperbaric would make
it tasty down into the bones.

Steve ;-)

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Pete C. July 2nd 11 09:49 PM

Steve B wrote:

"Ignoramus3845" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...ng-Engine-Out/

Iggy, have you ever considered hyperbaric barbecueing?

Just a thought.

I've heard of barbecueing with liquid oxygen. I think hyperbaric would make
it tasty down into the bones.

Vacuum marinating is usually how it's done. A Broaster(tm) on the other
hand would be a cool and dangerous project :)

Gunner Asch[_6_] July 2nd 11 11:12 PM

Picture, taking engine out of the compressor/BBQ grill

On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 11:31:13 -0500, Ignoramus3845
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...ng-Engine-Out/

This will be a fun project. Be damned sure to leave the Radiator and all
the externals in. And put heat shields in to protect the paint/tires etc
etc.

Then you can put new decals on the critter, and rent it out to local
construction companies etc etc for BBQs and company parties.

It would be fun for them to rent it on a job site for a day. And it
would be nice income for you.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Ignoramus3845 July 3rd 11 12:34 AM

wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...ng-Engine-Out/

This will be a fun project. Be damned sure to leave the Radiator and all
the externals in. And put heat shields in to protect the paint/tires etc
etc.

Why, I am almost sure that I need to take the radiator out. I would
have some sort of a rear door for pulling out cooked pigs and such.

I will have some use for a radiator somewhere else one day.

Then you can put new decals on the critter, and rent it out to local
construction companies etc etc for BBQs and company parties.

It would be fun for them to rent it on a job site for a day. And it
would be nice income for you.

I would love that, indeed.

I took out the engine, fuel tank (after using up about 20 gallons of
gasoline that were in it), and the compressed air tank. Now the
compressor is respectably light, very easy to handle, etc.

The grill and stuff will add perhaps 250 lbs to the thing.

I sold the engine and the air tank for $35 to a buddy of mine, who
somehow already has a buyer waiting in the wings.

I will definitely keep the fuel tank.