DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bushing - Reamer (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/324859-bushing-reamer.html)

Bob La Londe[_3_] June 19th 11 06:52 PM

Bushing - Reamer

Ok, I am still not happy with the setup on the mini lathe, but these
are not too horrible. I chucked them up in a precision handpiece (not
a low end foredom, but the better one) and slowly spun them up to
about 15000 RPM with a foot control. No visible blur. Now to make
some slot cuts with them in the mini mill and measure the width of the
cut.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/bushings.jpg/

As long as I remember to chuck up the piece of brass and make every
cut until its complete it comes out pretty good. I forgot a shoulder
on one and when I put it back to remove the shoulde I got an eccentric
cut. Oops.

I know. I know. I need to chuck them up with a test shaft mounted
and read TIR, but come on. With a router as a high speed spindle is
anything less than .001-.002 going to make any difference anyway?