DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Has anyone tried knurling on a CNC milling machine (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/324838-re-has-anyone-tried-knurling-cnc-milling-machine.html)

Ivan Vegvary[_2_] June 19th 11 04:39 AM

Has anyone tried knurling on a CNC milling machine

Gunner,
It was your first link, right hand side, sixth paragraph.

On Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:10:39 PM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:35:21 -0700 (PDT), Ivan Vegvary
wrote:

Hi Gunner,
I looked at the link that you provided and am totally confused.
Quote:
"Suppose you want to impress a diamond knurl on a 1"-dia. shaft and the distance between each tooth of the knurling tool measured, with calipers, along the roller's axis is 0.060"

How do you measure the distance between each tooth "along the rollers axis"? The teeth are on the rollers circumference aren't they? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Which link was it? As far as I know..the distance between rollers
really doesnt mean ****e.

Gunner

It was your first link, right-hand-column, sixth paragraph.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary