Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Maximat Compact what model do i have

I have an used 1960's ? Maximat Compact
No# on tag 6803002 Made in Austria
Would like to find out what model it is.
Best I can find out being I have no manual is looks like a Standard
Mk. 2 series 3000 with Vertical drill/milling head . do need some
parts belts/ collets and so on..any help out there? Thanks perry in
az.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 2 May 2011 17:15:33 -0700 (PDT), oldcarnutts
wrote:

I have an used 1960's ? Maximat Compact
No# on tag 6803002 Made in Austria
Would like to find out what model it is.
Best I can find out being I have no manual is looks like a Standard
Mk. 2 series 3000 with Vertical drill/milling head . do need some
parts belts/ collets and so on..any help out there? Thanks perry in
az.

========
google on maximat compact emco for 8.7k hits

for some samples see
http://www.lathes.co.uk/emco/page14.html

One US supplier of Emco parts and manuals is
http://www.blueridgemachinery.com/
FWIW -- I have bought several items from them and been
pleased with parts and service. Prices seem high, but them
Emco volume is low.

also see
http://www.emcomachinetools.co.uk/Pr...0/Default.aspx
http://www.rittercnc.com/metalworkin...ll-255348-.htm

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-03, oldcarnutts wrote:
I have an used 1960's ? Maximat Compact
No# on tag

Compact *what*? I've got a later one, from when the model names
changed from Maximat to things like Compact-5, and the maker name ...
not sure ... In the US the older one was "American Edestall", and the
newer one was "Emco" or in my case "Emco-Maier". The "Compact-5" name
indicated a 5 inch swing over the bed (the UK would call it a 2-1/2"
lathe, except that the original makers would have specified it in mm
swing instead -- maybe 125 or 130 mm swing). My particular one happens
to be the CNC version of the little lathe. Since my manual is in
English, I don't see the metric size, FWIW.

6803002 Made in Austria

Austria is right for the Maximat and the Emco products. The
"American Edestall" was probably the importer -- for both the Maximat
lathes in various sizes and the Unimat lathes.

Would like to find out what model it is.
Best I can find out being I have no manual is looks like a Standard
Mk. 2 series 3000

Series 3000? Would that perhaps be the swing in units of 0.1
mm? If so that would make it an 11.81" (close enough to 12" lathe, a
fairly hefty one for the Maximat series

Looking at:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/emco/page16.html

while the actual swing does not seem to be listed (unless it is on one of
the earlier pages), the photos look more like the 7" swing machines.

If you don't know about the above "lathes" site, visit it
starting at the URL given above, and you can wander through a fairly
large number of sub-pages covering the various Emco/Maximat/whatever
machines -- as well as many other machines of interest.

with Vertical drill/milling head . do need some
parts belts/ collets and so on..any help out there? Thanks perry in
az.

Not sure which collets your machine will use -- though I suspect
the 3C collets will be pretty close for the earlier machines, since it
used a Morse Taper No. 2 spindle according to the page. Some of the
later machines should accept larger collets. My Compact-5/CNC uses ER-25
series collets.

As for belts -- you'll probably need to look for vendors of
metric belts to fit it.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

for the manual of the maximat 3000
lots of useful information in this group

dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

בתאריך יום שלישי, 3 במאי 2011 בשעה 03:15:33 UTC+3, מאת oldcarnutts:
I have an used 1960's ? Maximat Compact
No# on tag 6803002 Made in Austria
Would like to find out what model it is.
Best I can find out being I have no manual is looks like a Standard
Mk. 2 series 3000 with Vertical drill/milling head . do need some
parts belts/ collets and so on..any help out there? Thanks perry in
az.

Hi there
are you willing to sell your EMCO lathe?

Regards
Ram