Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default They buried Osama at sea? WTF!?!!!!???

On May 3, 5:42*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"CaveLamb" wrote in message

m...

Ed Huntress wrote:
"CaveLamb" wrote in message
news:nu2dnaQmYo7hwCLQnZ2dnUVZ_vqdnZ2d@earthlink. com...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message
In article ,
Tom Gardner w@w wrote:
Am I the only one that remembers that the left thinks Bush and Chaney
did 9/11? *Why is the left celebrating? *Isn't OBL innocent like the
left says?
Only a small portion of the left believes this. *They're as
crazy as the birthers, IMHO.

--
-Ed Falk
Right. Wingers are wingers, right or left. The ones on the right seem a

You must lean left these days.

They both sound like extremist to me.

Oh, you're right about them being extremist on both sides. But just
listen here on RCM. Do you honestly think that the wingers on both sides
are equally intelligent -- or unintelligent?

I'm no fan of lefties but I have to admit they're a hell of a lot
smarter.

Naw, it's just that you have become a closet liberal!

g They don't take NRA members who were once delegates to local Republican
conventions.

I think what's happened is that the sheer volume of Gunner's spew has
lowered the curve lately. It could just be a matter of perception based on
the new average.

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

I hear that Tea Party members are not allowed either. ;)

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message ...

"Josepi" wrote in message
I read your attached but I see no validation of cell phones working in a
fuselage. The article is full of "could", "possibly" and "if" but no
actual validation to indicate it will function. Some reports indicate cell
signals work very intermittently in a fuselage. Many factors would be
involved but never for more than a few seconds at a time.

Ok, try Googling "do cellphones work in airplanes". You'll find many sources
saying that they do, including this:

"The FCC rule, 47 CFR 22.925, prohibits the use of cell phones after the
aircraft leaves the ground. This rule applies to all aircraft whether
commercial or private or whether powered or simply a balloon. The FCC rule
applies only to cell phones..."

If they work on the ground, so much for 600 MHz+ signals not getting in and
out of an airplane.

A little Googling makes it clear that many, many people have used them. I
didn't spend any time on it, but there is this"

"...the Federal Aviation Administration has conducted studies indicating
that despite the warnings from flight attendants, an average of one to four
cell phone calls are made from commercial flights in the United States."

I remember people talking on cell phones from planes when I was flying a
lot, around 1990. I did it. We all did it, until it was outlawed.

As the quote stated it was from a pilot. That should have not been
confused with another statement.

I believe that cells would work near the ground. The airspeed would be
slower, the windows (RF portholes) would align with the antennae better
and the antennae signals would be channeled more at the mobile cell
handset.

OTOH: These hijacked flights would have been closer to the ground than a
regular flight so despite the logic and multiple persons telling us it
can't work the jury is still out for transmission capabilities. The cell
switching speed is still an unknown and I doubt the switching logic could
handle cells changing that fast. There are parameters in the switching
logic that take time to be sure, it is time, for the cell to switch
frequencies and relock with the next cell. I haven't found satisfactory
evidence of this online, yet, other than a 400ms blank out time. I believe
I have experienced this myself when switching cells.

I still maintain (as well as many others) the plane was shot down and the
cell phone conversations are lies to make the heroic story possible . No
other scenario would be possible.

Oh. If you had said that up front, I wouldn't have bothered responding.

Carry on. Don't forget your tinfoil hat. 8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Reply: Lots of Cessna 172 / 182 people use cell phones while flying. You
can drive that fast in a lot of areas.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...
"Josepi" wrote in message ...

I read your attached but I see no validation of cell phones working in a
fuselage. The article is full of "could", "possibly" and "if" but no
actual
validation to indicate it will function. Some reports indicate cell
signals
work very intermittently in a fuselage. Many factors would be involved but
never for more than a few seconds at a time.

As the quote stated it was from a pilot. That should have not been
confused
with another statement.

I believe that cells would work near the ground. The airspeed would be
slower, the windows (RF portholes) would align with the antennae better
and
the antennae signals would be channeled more at the mobile cell handset.

If you read the FCC and FAA papers on the subject you'll see that the FCC's
concern was that cell phones *could* cause confusion and overload of the
cell networks -- when the planes are flying at 35,000 feet. In metro areas,
multiple cell towers are competing to lock on to the on-plane signal.

The FAA's concern with cell phones at altitude is that they are running at
maximum transmitting power at high altitude, thus increasing the possibility
of navigation interference.

--
Ed Huntress

[...]

-------------------
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message ...
Uh, Ok. So it doesn't happen. But it did happen. g Ask anyone who has
used
one in a plane in the early days. Keep in mind that most of the use was,
as
I said, soon before landing (and soon after takeoff). We aren't talking
about 30,000 feet.

I'm going to post a lengthy quote from Wikipedia at the bottom of this. If
you're interested, read it, and you'll see that cell phones did indeed
work
on planes, when they were legal, and in the early days the systems were
analog, which is briefly mentioned. I have no idea how or if they work
today, because they haven't been allowed on flights I've taken for years.

Is this guy a communications engineer?

(From Wikipedia)

Cell tower channel re-use

The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) currently prohibits the
use
of mobile telephones aboard any aircraft in flight. The reason given is
that
mobile phone systems depend on channel reuse and operating a phone at
altitude may violate the fundamental assumptions that allow channel reuse
work.

The FCC is also concerned that the use, or even non-use, of a powered cell
phone could cause disruption to the cell systems' towers and has banned
their use.[19]

Mobile telephones are intentionally designed with a low power output. A
tower is the center of a "cell" and due to attenuation with distance
(inverse square law) cell phone transmissions can usually be received only
weakly by towers in adjacent cells and not at all in cells farther away
(non-adjacent cells). This allows the channel used by any given phone to
be
reused by other phones in non-adjacent cells. This principle allows tens
or
hundreds of thousands of people to use their phones at the same time in a
given metropolitan area while using only a limited number of channels.

Channel reuse works because a mobile phone on the ground will only have
one
"closest" tower that can possibly use a particular group of frequencies,
CDMA codes, or time slots. The software that manages the system assumes
that
the signal from a phone on a particular tower can, on other towers, only
be
"heard" at greatly reduced signal strength. The frequency, code, or time
slot used by the phone can therefore be reused by other phones on other
towers.

In the old analog cell system a channel was simply a frequency pair: There
were seven groups of 35 channels each and no two adjacent cells used the
same channel groups. Modern CDMA and TDMA systems are more complex: A
channel in TDMA is a frequency pair, and a time slot, and a channel in
CDMA
is a spread spectrum key but the principle of channel reuse still applies.

If a mobile phone is operated from an aircraft in flight above a city
these
assumptions ares no longer valid because the towers of numerous different
cells may be about equidistant from the phone. Multiple towers might
assume
that the phone is under their control and the phone could be assigned a
free
channel by one tower but could also be heard on other towers using the
same
channel group. The channel might already be in use on those other towers
and
could cause interference with existing calls. It is also possible that the
software controlling the towers could crash.[citation needed] Even if the
software can cope with hearing the same phone on multiple non-adjacent
towers the result at best is an overall decrease in system capacity.

An additional concern is the output power of the mobile handset. Because
the
towers might be miles below the aircraft the phone might have to transmit
at
its maximum power to be received. This will increase the risk of
interference with electronic equipment on the aircraft.

Reply:
A cell phone will work inside the plane. Just look at how many calls are
made before push back from the gate. On board the planes, there are pay
by the minute phones. Do not know if they are a cell phone or a radio
system by themselves. I think the passengers were using the phones in the
seat back when they learned of the crashes. Cell phone towers are not
designed to handle 500 mph speeds. I understand in Japan the cell phone
system everyone uses in town are only capable at less than 25 mph.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 3, 7:42*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 02 May 2011 23:14:59 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 02 May 2011 20:06:57 -0500, Ignoramus896

On 2011-05-02, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 02 May 2011 08:18:27 -0500, Ignoramus896

On 2011-05-02, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 2, 5:32?am, Gunner Asch wrote:
WASHINGTON: The body of Al-Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden has been
buried at sea ...
Gunner

Thus denying his followers another Kaaba.

I would assume that they took plenty of pictures.

If he got tagged in the head...there wont be much above the neck to ID.

If he was shot in the face, most of the face should stil be there.

You havent been around a lot of gunshot wounds have you?

Especially not if it were from a .50BMG. *This video ought to help:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEnkQSA7s4&NR=1

Seriously.

Which, along with that birth cert fraud...makes a fellow wonder..really.

It sucks to have a president you simply cannot trust anything that comes
out of his mouth. *Makes one long for Bubba Clinton again..cringe

--snip--

As far as I am concerned, and I may not have followed everything super
closely, Barack Obama is unusually honest and upstanding for a
politician.

Blink....you live in a cave...right? Or..someplace where radio/tv and
the internet do not exist..right?

The rest of my family is absolutely blind in this manner, too. They
refuse to read or listen to anything negative about the man, evidently
getting their info only from DNC spin sources/liberal TV. They will do
no research whatsoever on the matter of politics. *It's both scary and
extremely maddening.

--
Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found
no remedy for the worst of them all--the apathy of human beings.

Care to give us ANY credible evidence?

I suspect that your family considers you to be nut case.

In many instances, I see the mass media to be rather conservative in
their reporting (Faux News is in a make believe world of their
own)...their behavior during the Bush years was embarrassing as many
have admitted to in later years.

TMT

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-02, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 2, 5:32?am, Gunner Asch wrote:
WASHINGTON: The body of Al-Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden has been
buried at sea ...
Gunner

Thus denying his followers another Kaaba.

I would assume that they took plenty of pictures.

If he got tagged in the head...there wont be much above the neck to ID.

If he was shot in the face, most of the face should stil be there.

You havent been around a lot of gunshot wounds have you?

Especially not if it were from a .50BMG. *This video ought to help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEnkQSA7s4&NR=1

That's a video of shooting at rocks.

And they did not use a .50 BMG shooting at Osama.

Thia is how a face shot looks like.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=49952

[...]

I never watch TV, I read news online, including Drudge Report etc.

I stand by my comment. I find President Obama to be above board
honest. I do try to find evidence to the contrary.

So far, all that "birthers" and other bull**** mongers accomplished,
is that they undermined my trust in the Republican party even
further. Now Newt Gingrich is going to teach me "morality"?

i- Hide quoted text -

You are a wise man Ig.

Your children are lucky to have such a father.

Newt is the last person to be preaching "morality".

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 3, 9:39*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"David R. Birch" wrote in ...

On 5/2/2011 8:22 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Edward A. *wrote in message
In ,
Tom Gardnerw@w *wrote:

Am I the only one that remembers that the left thinks Bush and Chaney
did 9/11? *Why is the left celebrating? *Isn't OBL innocent like the
left says?

Only a small portion of the left believes this. *They're as
crazy as the birthers, IMHO.

--
-Ed Falk

Right. Wingers are wingers, right or left. The ones on the right seem a
lot
dumber, though. d8-)

Yet there seem to be a lot more gun controllers on the left than
creationists on the right.

David

No doubt. But they've heard about Gunner, other RCM posts have leaked out,
and they have good reason to support gun control. d8-)

But creationists, while the Bull Goose loonies of the crop, are not the only
dumb ones on the right. The cheers for Donald Trump a few nights ago, when
he said he'd make the Chinese "mother****ers" pay a 25% import duty, and
tell the Middle Eastern countries to sell us the oil we want at the price we
demand, at gunpoint, by implication, reminds us that there are loons and
ignoramuses out there of various right-wing plumage.

There are some similar freakshows on the left, but not as many, from what
I've seen.

--
Ed Huntress- Hide quoted text -

Well said Ed.

I would agree that politics attack all the nuts but in all honesty, I
can't think of comparable Left Wing nuts to the Right Wing circus we
always see.

I really don't have an explanation for it....maybe the Right just
gives out better gift bags...do you think the free guns and bullets
have anything to do with it?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 3, 10:11*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message

On Tue, 3 May 2011 10:39:27 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

The cheers for Donald Trump a few nights ago, when
he said he'd make the Chinese "mother****ers" pay a 25% import duty

He'd bluster loudly, posture and publicly threaten to tax Americans if
the Chinese holders of American debt don't act against their own
national interests. Gee, I wonder how that would play out. ;-)

Those of us in the NYC area should thank the rest of the country for helping
to humiliate The Donald. Maybe he'll lay low in the public eye after this
farce is over.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed...if you can find video of the recent Journalist's Dinner you
should watch it.

On it you see Obama getting tons of laughs at The Donald's
expense...and in it you see Donald not laughing.

Very funny.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/3/2011 7:41 PM, RogerN wrote:
"Gunner wrote in message

WASHINGTON: The body of Al-Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden has been
buried at sea after he was killed by US covert forces in Pakistan , US
media reported Monday.

Cable television networks CNN, MSNBC and Fox said a senior US official
had confirmed to them that bin Laden's body had been buried in the sea,
without giving further details.

US officials did not respond when contacted by AFP for confirmation of
the reports.

I hope to hell they documented the **** out of the body.

It would be nasty..if it were just another birth certificate thingy.....

Gunner

--

At first I got real excited and started cheering and everything, then I
realized they said Osama, still good news though!

What's really sad for you is that you're going to have to deal with
having Obama as your president all they way up until 2017. How do you
like those apples?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 May 2011 12:25:11 -0400, "ATP"

om...

wrote:

On 2011-05-02, Jim Wilkins wrote:
[...]

Why not, if Gunner can lecture us on fiscal responsibility?

So Im "fiscally unresponsible" when work dries up, I have to drop my
insurance, and then have a heart attack?

Isnt that a bit Leftwing in world view..as long as it can be used for an
attack..but Id be a ****ing Leftwinger Poster Child if I wasnt a
conservative.

Fiscally irresponsible, actually. You're a sad case, for sure.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/3/2011 12:10 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I have made my living in RF communications for many years, with a fair
number of those years designing aircraft installations. The technical
supposition that cellphones don't work at altitude is ludicrous. Youtube
is not a technical reference. I suggest that you take advantage of your
killfile for this poster, and drop the local noise floor.

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
(...)

Ed...if you can find video of the recent Journalist's Dinner you
should watch it.

On it you see Obama getting tons of laughs at The Donald's
expense...and in it you see Donald not laughing.

Very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9mzJhvC-8E

Yes!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
(...)

Ed...if you can find video of the recent Journalist's Dinner you
should watch it.

On it you see Obama getting tons of laughs at The Donald's
expense...and in it you see Donald not laughing.

Very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9mzJhvC-8E

Yes!

--Winston

Now I'm sorry for not reading TMT's posts. Yes, TMT, I saw it live on
C-Span, and then I watched it again the next day, online, and made my wife
watch it, too.

It was hilarious. The Donald was fuming. I loved it. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

Having done it myself, and remembering how half the airplane's passengers
pulled out their cellphones upon approach to Newark before 1991, I knew from
experience that he's wrong. But there's nothing wrong with being wrong,
unless a poster adds insult to their ignorance, like Gunner and company, by
calling people who disagree "stupid," "libtard," or whatever.

But when I saw he was a Truther I shut him off. You can't correct that.
Conspiracy theorists tend to be immune to facts.

So, we'll see how he goes.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-02, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On May 2, 5:32?am, Gunner Asch wrote:
WASHINGTON: The body of Al-Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden has been
buried at sea ...
Gunner

Thus denying his followers another Kaaba.

I would assume that they took plenty of pictures.

If he got tagged in the head...there wont be much above the neck to ID.

If he was shot in the face, most of the face should stil be there.

You havent been around a lot of gunshot wounds have you?

Especially not if it were from a .50BMG. This video ought to help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEnkQSA7s4&NR=1

That's a video of shooting at rocks.

Look again, Ig. See the bodies go flying, in pieces. See the pink
mist.

And they did not use a .50 BMG shooting at Osama.

OK.

Thia is how a face shot looks like.

That's what one single head shot looks like.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=49952

That's gotta hurt. OMG!

[...]

Where, the DNC website?

So far, all that "birthers" and other bull**** mongers accomplished,
is that they undermined my trust in the Republican party even
further.

You're likely right, to a point.

Now Newt Gingrich is going to teach me "morality"?

I think he could teach you more than Obama could. shrug

--
Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found
no remedy for the worst of them all--the apathy of human beings.
-- Helen Keller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed, QUIT!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You didn't present any evidence, that I saw, only statements of limiting
cell usage, not possibility.

Apparently you don't want to discuss it anyway.

Thanx for recognizing the troll garbage and having your own brain.

Have a good one.

---------
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message ...
I must have missed the fact that you're a Truther. If I had seen it, I would
have ignored your messages.

Truthers and other conspiracy theorists are fruitless to argue with. I gave
you the hint -- it's all over the Web, with lots of examples of people who
have done it, like me. All you need to do is a Google search, and you'll see
the evidence all over the place. I checked Google myself before recommending
it to you.

FWIW, I do know something about the subject. I once held a First Class
Radiotelephone operator's license with radar endorsement, and I've been a
ham radio operator since 1959. I was cautious about making technical claims
because there are a lot of things I don't know about digital cell phones, I
don't have much experience beyond cell phones in the gigahertz realm, and I
didn't want to have a ****ing contest about who knows what. But I have a
pretty good handle on the technology in general.

You're barking up a tree with no fruit on it, Josepi. But you'll never be
convinced of that. Conspiracy theorists just double-down when they're
presented with contradictory evidence.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Josepi" wrote in message
You didn't present any evidence, that I saw, only statements of limiting
cell usage, not possibility.

Apparently you don't want to discuss it anyway.

That's true.

Thanx for recognizing the troll garbage and having your own brain.

Have a good one.

You, too, Josepi.

--
Ed Huntress

---------
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On May 3, 1:15 am, "Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Aparently, our Muslim in Chief didn't want to
offend anyone?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

*Give it a rest*.

He claims to be a Christian. Damned shame you can't make the same claim.

Harold

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in

Yes, seems odd. I mean, they have no qualms about
going into a foreign country to kill a guy, but then
they're worried about burying him according to local
traditions?

Chris- Hide quoted text -

I was thinking that too.

For someone who "claims" to be a Christian, Storming will have some
explaining to do when he is at the Pearly Gates.

TMT

I spent 56 years of my life living amongst those folks. Married one, for
that matter. Fortunately, she got the picture and abandoned the cult (her
decision). You may understand that I have more than a reasonable
understanding of their ways, few of which are to be admired.

No one can begin to understand how such *righteous* folks can abuse those
that aren't of their faith (explore the Mountain Meadow Massacre as an
excellent example). This Greek boy endured more at their hand than he
cares to discuss. Imagine being made to feel like a total stranger in your
home town.

For people that claim to love Christ, they have much to learn. Their
behavior is far from Christ-like (as you just witnessed). I fully expect
that if there is a Creator, they'll burn in hell.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
snip-

Conspiracy theorists tend to be immune to facts.

Yep. They won't be denied their thoughts, in spite of how absurd they may
be. Obama's birth certificate is a good example. Doesn't matter what is
presented, there will be those that deny it's real. The guy (Obama) can't
win that battle. He's been wise to ignore the morons.

Please do keep in mind---I did not vote for Obama. He is my president,
however.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Tue, 03 May 2011 11:19:38 -0700
On 03 May 2011 17:08:47 GMT, steamer wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
One news report I heard (and I don't remember what channel) said that
the quick disposal was out of respect for Muslim burial law. The body
was bathed and enshrouded. Prayers were said and the body was gently

(SNIP)
--With any luck it was bathed in ****..

And at the least..tied to a football.

(not sure how often pigskins can be found on US ships)

I'm sure that if such was needed, it would have been brought with
the rest of the supplies. LOGCOM _can_ be very efficient, at times.

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
news

[...]

My experience parallels yours in many ways. Baptized into the church,
excommunicated at my own request. They are definitely not Christians, as
they consider their books to be superior to the bible, and they have
practices and beliefs that are against the bible. There is definitely a
creator, and they will definitely answer for their deeds, as we all will.

One of the biggest troubles with the LDS cult is that it is a pyramid based
on Masonic Ritual and advancement. Knowledge is on a need to know basis,
and the dues paying supporters on the base level don't get the secret
information until they move up the ladder. But for most of them, the
lifestyle, support system, networking, and warm fuzzy feeling of all the
other cultists close to them is enough.

Leaving is not an option for many because that would be to lose contact with
all their family.

Yesterday, in Colorado City, Arizona, there was a book burning by local men
who did not want any books in their community. It is said that orders came
down from Warren Jeffs. It is just another example of mind control in a
cult. The majority of the books were donated to communities throughout
Utah, and what was left was burned. This is the FLDS that we hear so much
about in the news, the polygamists, the true Mormon Church. The one who
said, "We would rather follow our founder's prophecies and not be a part of
the United States" when they were supposed to renounce polygamy as a
condition for statehood. The rest of the LDS church received a policy
changing revelation, and forbade polygamy. So, the large part of the LDS
church does not even follow its original prophecies, but rather opts to
follow the political winds.

An interesting read is "Secret Ceremonies" by Deborah Laake. She was crazy
as a pigeon coop rat, but divulges a lot about the inner workings of the
"church".

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-03, Gunner Asch wrote:
Why not, if Gunner can lecture us on fiscal responsibility?

So Im "fiscally unresponsible" when work dries up, I have to drop my
insurance, and then have a heart attack?

Isnt that a bit Leftwing in world view..as long as it can be used for an
attack..but Id be a ****ing Leftwinger Poster Child if I wasnt a
conservative.

You are a leftwinger poster child, even if you are a so called
"conservative".

Despite not being able to afford health insurance, you still end up
being a cost to society because you go to emergency rooms of
hospitals, then you threaten to sue them, drive up their insurance
costs, and so on.

Conceivably, if you were a part of organized health care system, you
would be less of a drag on the society's medical system.

Now please advise to one and all about my lectures on "fiscal
responsiblity" on any level other than governmental.

I think that fiscal responsibility begins at home.

Please. Id be everso happy to review it.

Failure to do so will simply make you look like just another pettty,
buffoonish, scrot sucking ass****ing dope smoking low life mother****er
Leftist.

VBG

Your turn, dimbulb.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 12:53*pm, Ignoramus15919

Conceivably, if you were a part of organized health care system, you
would be less of a drag on the society's medical system.

I can not see how that would happen. Assuming he had the same medical
problems, he would have had the same treatment and would be the same
cost or drag to society's medical system.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On May 4, 12:53 pm, Ignoramus15919

Conceivably, if you were a part of organized health care system, you
would be less of a drag on the society's medical system.

I can not see how that would happen. Assuming he had the same medical
problems, he would have had the same treatment and would be the same
cost or drag to society's medical system.

Dan

If he were part of an insured community, he would be contributing to the
pool from which everyone in that insurance cohort may or may not draw,
depending on whether they have a health care need. He would be contributing
whether or not he needed the service himself. That's insurance.

As an uninsured individual, he put the entire burden on the rest of
society -- specifically, on California's three-tiered, taxpayer-funded
health care system for the uninsured. One of those three tiers is federal,
so all of us paid taxes to support it.

Finding a way to contribute to a health care insurance system can be tough,
but there are many support systems available that help with the burden. Not
doing so is simple irresponsibility that shifts the entire burden onto the
rest of us.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 3:28*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I can not see how that would happen. *Assuming he had the same medical
problems, he would have had the same treatment and would be the same
cost or drag to society's medical system.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan

If he were part of an insured community, he would be contributing to the
pool from which everyone in that insurance cohort may or may not draw,
depending on whether they have a health care need. He would be contributing
whether or not he needed the service himself. That's insurance.

Ed Huntress

You are correct in that he is not contributing. So the net result
is worse. As I see it same drag, different amounts of support.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On May 4, 3:28 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I can not see how that would happen. Assuming he had the same medical
problems, he would have had the same treatment and would be the same
cost or drag to society's medical system.

Dan

If he were part of an insured community, he would be contributing to the
pool from which everyone in that insurance cohort may or may not draw,
depending on whether they have a health care need. He would be
contributing
whether or not he needed the service himself. That's insurance.

Ed Huntress

You are correct in that he is not contributing. So the net result
is worse. As I see it same drag, different amounts of support.

Dan

In the end, it's less about the net financial result than it is about
whether the money comes from a source that is calculated to distribute the
costs, and to which we contribute in order to be responsible for ourselves,
or from a general tax fund.

This raises interesting questions in regard to a system of uniform health
care. I've argued this with my son (who does economic research in this
field), and I've tried taking both sides of the argument. d8-) My conclusion
is that ducking the problem by not participating in an insurance system of
some kind is socially destructive, no matter whether it saves money or just
winds up costing the same. In one sense, we already have universal health
care. It's just that a significant portion of it is coercive, in which
people without insurance basically hold the rest of us up, relying on our
unwillingness to just let people die in the streets as their coercive force.
We could solve a lot of the social problem with a system of universal
"insurance" to which one contributes what he can, with subsidies if
necessary.

Then we wouldn't have to push the Gunners of the world out into the street
and leave them there until they turn to dust -- which is the libertarian
solution, of course. That's another problem with libertarianism: It could
get awfully smelly.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 05/02/2011 10:35 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Tim wrote in message
On 05/02/2011 02:32 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

WASHINGTON: The body of Al-Qaeda mastermind Osama bin Laden has been
buried at sea after he was killed by US covert forces in Pakistan , US
media reported Monday.

Cable television networks CNN, MSNBC and Fox said a senior US official
had confirmed to them that bin Laden's body had been buried in the sea,
without giving further details.

US officials did not respond when contacted by AFP for confirmation of
the reports.

I hope to hell they documented the **** out of the body.

It would be nasty..if it were just another birth certificate thingy.....

If he were buried anywhere on land it'd just be an instant shrine --
this should significantly hold down on the hero-worship thingie, without
giving anyone an excuse to get bent out of shape about the way he was
buried.

Tactful, quick, anonymous.

The option was a wood chipper and a chum slick, but the Koran frowns on it.

All in all, burial at sea sounds like a smart plan. Either that, or sending
him into deep space. Hmmm...does the Koran say anything about artificial
resurrection? It's not like he's Catholic or anything...

perverse, twisted, juvenile fantasies OFF

-- Ed Huntress
What, you wanted us to prove that he still mattered to us by desecrating
the body or something? Give him something to laugh at before he finds out
that those 99 virgins are all wrinkled-up retired librarians who have no
patience for trouble-makers?

Ah, I think they're supposed to get 72 houri, not 99. But maybe the ante has
been upped lately, as a recruiting tool for suicide bombers. And their
breasts are supposed to be fully rounded, and not sagging.

But, who knows? I can't read the original. It would be a real hoot if the
Koranic scholar who claims it really means white grapes and not virgins
turns out to be right.

That's _fully rounded_ white grapes, buddy.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default They buried Osama at sea? (Now, commentary on Mormons)

Steve, you read just about like many of the other Ex-mo I've
encountered. There are several things seriously incorrect,
in what you write, but I seriously doubt that I'd accomplish
anything by mention any of them.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 8:16*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ooooh, getting testy, sleepless one? Iggy contributed to Gunner's healthcare
with his taxes. It *is* his business.

(In case you've forgotten, this is your cue to yawn and roll over.)

--
Ed Huntress

Was Gunners healthcare paid for by Federal, State, or Local taxes? Or
does the hospitals charge huge amounts from people without insurance
and collect enough from this to pay for the people they can not
collect from?

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On May 4, 8:16 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ooooh, getting testy, sleepless one? Iggy contributed to Gunner's
healthcare
with his taxes. It *is* his business.

(In case you've forgotten, this is your cue to yawn and roll over.)

--
Ed Huntress

Was Gunners healthcare paid for by Federal, State, or Local taxes?

In California, typically all three. There are three sources of public money
that refund California hospitals, in a partial payment of the full bill:
federal, state, and local (I think it's county).

Or
does the hospitals charge huge amounts from people without insurance
and collect enough from this to pay for the people they can not
collect from?

Dan

I don't know about California specifically on this point. The typical
situation is that they issue a huge bill (roughly four times what my
insurance company paid, when I had a heart attack in NJ), realizing that
they only collect on a small proportion. The typical government funding pays
for a fraction of the full bill -- roughly what Medicare pays, in total,
which is 1/4 or 1/5 of a typical hospital bill -- and then the ultimate
payer (Gunner) gets billed for the full amount. If he actually pays some of
it back, it first goes to refund the basic costs of the hospital and the
next part goes to pay back the taxes. Then, in an unusual circumstance in
which the uninsured pays back the rest, it goes into a fund that covers
other uninsured, or the hospital draws some portion of it, depending on the
state.

The idea of these plans is to keep hospitals solvent in the face of their
mandate to serve the uninsured.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 05/04/2011 11:53 AM, Ignoramus15919 wrote:

Despite not being able to afford health insurance, you still end up
being a cost to society because you go to emergency rooms of
hospitals, then you threaten to sue them, drive up their insurance
costs, and so on.

I thought I was following this conversation pretty good but
musta missed the part about threatening to sue.

I can't find it upthread, Ig, can you find it for me?

technomaNge
--
Measure once.
Cut twice
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 7:07*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"

On 2011-05-04, wrote:
On May 4, 3:28?pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I can not see how that would happen. ?Assuming he had the same medical
problems, he would have had the same treatment and would be the same
cost or drag to society's medical system.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Dan

If he were part of an insured community, he would be contributing to the
pool from which everyone in that insurance cohort may or may not draw,
depending on whether they have a health care need. He would be contributing
whether or not he needed the service himself. That's insurance.

Ed Huntress

You are correct in that he is not contributing. * *So the net result
is worse. *As I see it same drag, different amounts of support.

Perhaps, if he was required to contribute, it would make him seek
regular employment.

* *Perhaps you should mind your own damn business.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.-

Gunner spent *OUR* tax dollars on his health care, with no plans to
repay it. He then planned to sue the doctors involved, which would
further drive up costs for the rest of us, then he came here, to RCM
to crow about it incessantly. It is ALL OF OUR business.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 9:11*pm, technomaNge wrote:
On 05/04/2011 11:53 AM, Ignoramus15919 wrote:

Despite not being able to afford health insurance, you still end up
being a cost to society because you go to emergency rooms of
hospitals, then you threaten to sue them, drive up their insurance
costs, and so on.

I thought I was following this conversation pretty good but
musta missed the part about threatening to sue.

I can't find it upthread, Ig, can you find it for me?

technomaNge
--
Measure once.
Cut twice
Bitch about accuracy on r.c.m.

That was a long time ago, not in this thread at all. Something about
they took him to the poor people's hospital where they didn't do a
good enough job diagnosing him, so he planned to sue. I wonder why he
hasn't followed through (snicker).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

wrote in message
[...]

Members of the underground economy wouldn't contribute to any type of system
unless it was funded through unavoidable sales taxes. However it would be
more economical to have a single payer system and pay for health care for
some people that don't deserve it than our current system.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 7:16*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in messagenews:vd2dnYN2rZTUQVzQnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d@earth link.com...

On 2011-05-04, wrote:
[...]

Every American Tax Payer has contributed to Gunner's heathcare...and
continued living expenses.

TMT