DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   radio interference (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/321864-re-radio-interference.html)

whit3rd April 16th 11 09:51 PM

radio interference

On Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:26:42 AM UTC-7, Karl Townsend wrote:
I built a serial port temp. sensor...
The unit uses DS1820 temp sensors and connects to the pc serial port.
There is a fifty foot run from the computer to the sensor.

My better half made me quit using it because of AM radio interference.
There is a constant beep beep beep.

Fortunately, the serial port has slew-rate limited signals and shouldn't be
an issue. The DS1820 (new ones are DS18S20) one-wire interface,
though, isn't so limited. If you use twisted pair wiring, and maybe a few
ferrite beads or 'clamp filter' units, it'll get better. To avoid ground
loops, ensure none of the distant end (sensor) wires touch any nearby
grounded metal.

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] April 16th 11 10:11 PM

radio interference

OTOH... what the HELL are you doing letting your SWMBO listen to AM?

Get her a good "new age" channel on FM, and she'll get off your ass.G

LLoyd

Snag[_3_] April 16th 11 11:07 PM

radio interference

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
OTOH... what the HELL are you doing letting your SWMBO listen to AM?

Get her a good "new age" channel on FM, and she'll get off your
ass.G

LLoyd

Pandora . Internet radio , you can set it up to play whatever YOU like . I
have a Willie Nelson channel , a Led Zep channel , a Moody Blues channel ...
and it learns by what you reject .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Michael A. Terrell April 17th 11 02:05 AM

radio interference

Snag wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
OTOH... what the HELL are you doing letting your SWMBO listen to AM?

Get her a good "new age" channel on FM, and she'll get off your
ass.G

LLoyd

Pandora . Internet radio , you can set it up to play whatever YOU like . I
have a Willie Nelson channel , a Led Zep channel , a Moody Blues channel ...
and it learns by what you reject .

I bought a Sanyo Internet radio last year. It is plugged into my
network router, and is on whenever I'm home.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

amdx April 17th 11 04:34 PM

radio interference

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Snag wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
OTOH... what the HELL are you doing letting your SWMBO listen to AM?

Get her a good "new age" channel on FM, and she'll get off your
ass.G

LLoyd

Pandora . Internet radio , you can set it up to play whatever YOU like .
have a Willie Nelson channel , a Led Zep channel , a Moody Blues channel
and it learns by what you reject .

I bought a Sanyo Internet radio last year. It is plugged into my
network router, and is on whenever I'm home.

Hi Michael,
I'm a big talk radio listener, is there talk radio stations available?
I also like science and tech programs.
Mikek