Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drilling feed rate

I am trying to understand a little better, how to drill stuff with
CNC.

My current approach amounts to "winging it" and deciding something
like "it oughta be good enough at 2 IPM".

Well, I think that I can do better than that.

I looked and have not found a decent drilling calculator.

My feeling is that the drilling feed rate in any given material is
calculated as inches per revolution, and IPR is proportional to drill
diameter.

Does anyone know of some good tables for this sort of thing?