DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Student killed by lathe (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/321769-re-student-killed-lathe.html)

wws[_2_] April 14th 11 05:52 PM

Student killed by lathe

Fella in one shop I worked at would not listen to me about his long hair. Running 15 inch engine lathe polishing printer rollers.
BAM! Blood and a large chunk of hair wrapped around the work piece.
Almost knocked him unconscious.

Showed up the next day with a buzz cut.
Told him he looked nice.

WW

Bill[_37_] April 14th 11 11:08 PM

Student killed by lathe

wws wrote:
Fella in one shop I worked at would not listen to me about his long hair. Running 15 inch engine lathe polishing printer rollers.
BAM! Blood and a large chunk of hair wrapped around the work piece.
Almost knocked him unconscious.

Showed up the next day with a buzz cut.
Told him he looked nice.

WW

My shop teacher had attached a picture to the DP of a student having
long hair that had used the DP in a previous year. Strangely, the
student had one of those curious hair cuts with about 1/3 of his hair
missing. It still works for me!

Bill