DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT. Help with deck for wife (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/321611-ot-help-deck-wife.html)

stryped[_3_] April 12th 11 01:14 AM

OT. Help with deck for wife

I have a 12x16 deck. For years my wife has wanted to expand it. She
says she wants a covered space as well where we can eat in the sun or
rain if we want to. My thought was to bring the deck out another 10
feet or so along the adjacent wall and somwhere build a 10x10 area
into the deck with posts coming out of the top where I could put a
gable roof over an area that could hold a table of some sort. Every
time we talk about it we see problems with all the ideas. I thought it
would be bettwe to move the stairs to the opposite side but she does
not want to have to walk around the house too far to get on the deck.
I want this to look nice but not cost to much. I plan on doing this
myself. Here is a video of our current set up. I appreciate any advice
and help! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTxmye2LGVM

[email protected] April 12th 11 01:38 AM

OT. Help with deck for wife

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:14:37 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I have a 12x16 deck. For years my wife has wanted to expand it. She
says she wants a covered space as well where we can eat in the sun or
rain if we want to.

Is it possible that your wife would go for a collapsible awning over a
portion of the existing deck? I think they make roll up versions that
stow quite nicely. Check Google and shop around on the idea. It might
be the least expensive, easiest to install, least fuss and bother way
to go. I mean, if those criteria are of any concern to the interested
party. hehe :)
Dave

Gunner Asch[_6_] April 12th 11 10:16 AM

OT. Help with deck for wife

wrote:

I have a 12x16 deck. For years my wife has wanted to expand it. She
says she wants a covered space as well where we can eat in the sun or
rain if we want to.

Is it possible that your wife would go for a collapsible awning over a
portion of the existing deck? I think they make roll up versions that
stow quite nicely. Check Google and shop around on the idea. It might
be the least expensive, easiest to install, least fuss and bother way
to go. I mean, if those criteria are of any concern to the interested
party. hehe :)
Dave

I agree. It would be a good and inexpensive fitment.

And he could extend the deck another 10' along the house

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is