DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Japans Nuclear problem in simple language. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/320279-re-japans-nuclear-problem-simple-language.html)

KD7HB March 15th 11 07:08 PM

Japans Nuclear problem in simple language.

On Monday, March 14, 2011 3:46:23 PM UTC-7, Ignoramus1540 wrote:

The big plus of the Japan situation, is that even if the worst happens
-- the fuel waste rods catch on fire due to the waste fuel pond
draining, and the reactors blow up, releasing hot fuel -- the station
is on the Eastern coast of Japan and the stuff will likely just settle
in the Pacific ocean.

Yeah, and some will blow all the way to Oregon! I guess I am more concerned with the radioactive trash that will be taken to Oregon by the Japanese Current. Much will get deposited on the West coast.

Paul