DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   my youtube busted (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/319984-my-youtube-busted.html)

Steve B[_10_] March 9th 11 07:38 PM

my youtube busted

When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white dots
in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar. What
else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve

Jim Wilkins March 9th 11 08:05 PM

my youtube busted

On Mar 9, 2:38*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white dots
in the middle. *I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar. *What
else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve

Click the boxes to upgrade from Windows 2000 and IE6.

jsw

tnik March 9th 11 08:29 PM

my youtube busted

On 3/9/2011 2:38 PM, Steve B wrote:
When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white dots
in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar. What
else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve

try updating your flash player, and or java..

Steve B[_10_] March 10th 11 12:28 AM

my youtube busted

"tnik" wrote in message
On 3/9/2011 2:38 PM, Steve B wrote:
When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white
dots
in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar. What
else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve

try updating your flash player, and or java..

Did both the latest that said it was time for an update ..............

Larry Jaques[_3_] March 10th 11 01:26 AM

my youtube busted

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:38:10 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white dots
in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar. What
else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve, try reinstalling (or install the newest virgin of) Adobe Flash
Player. That should fix you right up.

--
Life is full of obstacle illusions.
-- Grant Frazier

James Waldby[_3_] March 10th 11 03:00 AM

my youtube busted

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:26:17 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:38:10 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white
dots in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar.
What else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve, try reinstalling (or install the newest virgin of) Adobe Flash
Player. That should fix you right up.

Have you got a URL for that? Can't seem to find the virgin option.

--
jiw

Larry Jaques[_3_] March 10th 11 05:38 AM

my youtube busted

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 03:00:16 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:26:17 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:38:10 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white
dots in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar.
What else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve, try reinstalling (or install the newest virgin of) Adobe Flash
Player. That should fix you right up.

Have you got a URL for that? Can't seem to find the virgin option.

Maybe they're sold out to the AyRabs, what with them wanting 72 of 'em
at a time for each of their shindigs.

tnik March 10th 11 03:07 PM

my youtube busted

On 3/10/2011 9:44 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Mar 9, 10:00 pm, James wrote:
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:26:17 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 9 Mar 2011 11:38:10 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white
dots in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar.
What else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve, try reinstalling (or install the newest virgin of) Adobe Flash
Player. That should fix you right up.

Have you got a URL for that? Can't seem to find the virgin option.

--
jiw

Youtube gave me an error with version 10.1. You can check the version
you have in ControlPanelAddorRemovePrograms.

The latest version:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
It installs or updates directly from their site.

The $%^&*?'s wouldn't give me permission to download a standalone
version for an off-line PC, my HDTV recorder which has only essential
processes running, no antivirus etc stealing CPU time.

How to tell:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb896653

This might work, I haven't tried it yet:
http://www.soft32.com/download_500.html

http://alternativeto.net/software/flash-player/

jsw

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Try there..

tnik March 10th 11 03:08 PM

my youtube busted

On Mar 9, 10:00 pm, James wrote:
[...]

Or here, at the bottom of the page..

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ort/index.html

Jim Wilkins March 10th 11 03:32 PM

my youtube busted

On Mar 10, 10:08*am, tnik wrote:
Or here, at the bottom of the page..
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...rt/index.html-

Thanks, I looked all around their site but missed that link.

jsw

Steve Ackman March 13th 11 04:43 PM

my youtube busted

In , on Wed, 09 Mar 2011

wrote:

When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white dots
in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar. What
else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve, try reinstalling (or install the newest virgin of) Adobe Flash
Player. That should fix you right up.

Youtube is in the process (or has possibly completed)
of converting all their videos over to a format
compatible with HTML5, WebM, if memory serves. I've
been trying out Firefox 4RC. Opt-in to the HTML5
trial, and don't worry about flash versions anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/html5