DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rockford Drop Forge and Machine, Il (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/319847-rockford-drop-forge-machine-il.html)

[email protected] March 6th 11 11:29 PM

Rockford Drop Forge and Machine, Il

Nice video inside the plant during some drop forging operations. Very
noisy job for sure.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02c_1299451255

I am not sure what product they are forging.
Dave

[email protected] March 7th 11 09:14 AM

On Mar 6, 1:29*pm, wrote:
Nice video inside the plant during some drop forging operations. Very
noisy job for sure.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02c_1299451255

I am not sure what product they are forging.
Dave

Hammer 17 Batman belt
Hammer 2 snow shovel

[email protected] March 7th 11 08:23 PM

Rockford Drop Forge and Machine, Il

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 01:14:12 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Mar 6, 1:29*pm, wrote:
Nice video inside the plant during some drop forging operations. Very
noisy job for sure.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=02c_1299451255

I am not sure what product they are forging.
Dave

Hammer 17 Batman belt
Hammer 2 snow shovel

Yeah...I saw that but I wasn't really sure what a "Batman belt" was or
is. And as far as the "snow shovel", this must be some component for
some type of mechanical snow blower or something. The only steel "snow
shovels" the average consumer runs across are made from stamped sheet
steel, no forging required. Unless the term "snow shovel" is the
indigenous shop slang for whatever that particular forging actually
is. Ditto with the term "Batman belt".
Dave