Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Free 2D CAD from Dassault

I got an email from Dassault announcing a free 2D CAD program. The
only potential downside I see is that you have to re-activate
periodically, which means Dassault could at some point stop offering
the free version, and any installed free software would probably time
out. On the other hand, it reads and writes both dwg and dxf files, so
any files you create would not be orphaned if the software disappears.

I haven't tried it, have no opinion, and my only connection with
Dassault is as a Solidworks customer.

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsig...-cad-software/

--
Ned Simmons