DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Five dolaar ObamaGas by summer $5 (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/319427-re-five-dolaar-obamagas-summer-%245.html)

SteveB[_13_] February 27th 11 03:23 AM

Five dolaar ObamaGas by summer $5

"Edward A. Falk" wrote

Anybody with foresight knows that we need to stop being dependent on that
part of the world for energy. The oil industry is very powerful, however,
and don't want to see us developing alternative energy.

--
-Ed Falk,

I'm confused. We are all for doing "alternative energy", yet it is
inefficient. Just how much coal, natural gas, hydroelectric power, et al,
does it require to furnish the wattage required to power up a roller skate
with bucket seats to go 60 miles? Or to charge a bank of deep charge
storage batteries. I just don't see humanity going to solar or wind or
whatever. Folks in a lot of hoods put out and take in their cable antenna
daily to keep it from walking off. I don't think they're going to be able
to afford an electric car, keeping it charged, plus the cost of replacement
batteries. Oh, wait, that will be federally funded. Solar panels, and
banks of batteries, put it on the plastic credit card, please. And just
like the people in the hoods, they'll cart it off to sell the copper or
other metals for a few bux for another rock of crack.

And Barry wants to shut the coal mines. What we gonna do then, burn wood?
Well, for a while until that is all consumed. We're rats on a sinking ship,
and we're about to become cannibals.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.