Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? Set 372

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
J Burns wrote:

On 1/22/11 3:24 AM, George W Frost wrote:
Well Joe, the famous "Black Box" which was invented by an Australian and
is in every aeroplane, is orange.

I believe the first time the world saw a famous black box was December
26, 1908. It was in Sydney, but Burns was Canadian and Johnson was
American.

You seem to have confused "famous 'black box'" with "'famous Black' box."

One's a noun, the other's a verb.

Have a Nice Day!
Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief
USENET Grammar and Syntax Police

Is this an ironic post, or is it just proving the adage about Grammar Nazis?

Adjectivally yours...
--
Jeff R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeff R. wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
J Burns wrote:
On 1/22/11 3:24 AM, George W Frost wrote:
Well Joe, the famous "Black Box" which was invented by an Australian
and is in every aeroplane, is orange.

I believe the first time the world saw a famous black box was December
26, 1908. It was in Sydney, but Burns was Canadian and Johnson was
American.

You seem to have confused "famous 'black box'" with "'famous Black' box."

One's a noun, the other's a verb.

Have a Nice Day!
Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief
USENET Grammar and Syntax Police

Is this an ironic post, or is it just proving the adage about Grammar
Nazis?

Adjectivally yours...

Sigh. Actually, I was hoping to relate to an audience whose members are
astute enough to figure out from both the heart-attack seriousness of the
body of the post, coupled with that ludicrous sig, that it's inTended both
as a gentle reminder (we don't want to appear uneducated, do we?) and a
little goofiness, which seems to be one of my middle names. ;-)

But, sometimes some harmless fun can be had at the expense of the
newbies. :-)

Sometime, I'll tell you about the adventures you can get into from the
inside of the dreaded KILLfile! =:-O

Cheers!
Rich