DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Building Permit to replace water heater? (residential owner occupied) (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/317782-re-building-permit-replace-water-heater-residential-owner-occupied.html)

Bob La Londe January 26th 11 12:01 AM

Building Permit to replace water heater? (residential owner occupied)

"Pinstripe Sniper" wrote in message
Geez! So I see that my town requires a building permit to replace a
water heater in a non-rental residential property (owner occupied)

Does your government entity require this as well?

Lots do. Most folks just swap it out and never tell anybody.

Sounds kind of commie to me. Geez, what if I replace my stove or get
a new gas clothes dryer? I guess this must be so because of
earthquake straps becoming a requirement in more locations?

Oh yeah, there's also a law here that vision prescriptions older than
2 years cannot be filled by local opticians.

What? Ok... the water heater thing I can see having seen lots of stupid
things people do, but that doesn't even make sense.