Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Building Permit to replace water heater? (residential owner occupied)

"ignator" wrote in message
On Jan 25, 2:28 am, "Tom Gardner" gskgs@gsg wrote:
"Pinstripe Sniper" wrote in message

Geez! So I see that my town requires a building permit to replace a
water heater in a non-rental residential property (owner occupied)

Does your government entity require this as well?

Sounds kind of commie to me. Geez, what if I replace my stove or get
a new gas clothes dryer? I guess this must be so because of
earthquake straps becoming a requirement in more locations?

Oh yeah, there's also a law here that vision prescriptions older than
2 years cannot be filled by local opticians.

PsS

Your Government knows what's best for you! You can't be trusted with
making
decisions, spending your money, choosing foods, having ideas or speaking
your mind. Get used to it and embrace the system, liberty and freedom are
thing of the past.

Who do you think runs the place, clearly homeowners can't perform work
on their property safely, but trade unions can, and it keeps
inspectors gainfully employed horacing "non skilled" homeowners.
These are the same rules here in IOWA, same for eyeglasses, you must
have your's eyes checked every 2 years, it's for our own good.

In the end, who pay's the lawmakers local/state/federal for their re-
elections? When have you lobbied with millions of dollars to keep
your private property rights? There's trade unions, contractors,
developers all in line with your local government making sure you
don't have private property rights on your own home.

ignator

Reply: Don't you dolts know anything? It's all about the permit money.
HTH

Steve ;-)