Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I Discovered How To Beat Tinnitus... Now I'm Revealing My Secrets

Have you tried taking the faucet test?

The faucet test involves the following. You stand near the sink and
turn the water faucet on fully. Many people with tinnitus are unable
to hear tinnitus sounds while standing near or close to running or
falling water. One other way is to perform this test while in the
shower. If either of these provide some relief then you would likely
benefit from technique known as “masking”.

Many trust a technique known as “masking” that uses white noise to
silence or make the ringing less noticeable or transparent.

This is treatment option is commonly used while undergoing other
treatment options.

For more information, tips and tinnitus resources I invite you to join
others by subscribing to my FREE newsletter “Tinnitus Insider”

= http://www.stop-the-ringing.com/blog

Your Friend,
Kristy
Tinnitus Insider
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 06:54:23 -0800 (PST), Kristy
wrote:

[...]

A friend of mine moved to Cabo San Lucas so he could have the surf
drown it out.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sunworshipper wrote:

(...)

A friend of mine moved to Cabo San Lucas so he could have the surf
drown it out.

From what I saw in the IEEE and Discover articles,
we should be trying to eliminate sounds that are
within the bandpass of our tinnitus.

Apparently, hearing sounds of the same frequencies
of the tinnitus just makes it worse.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 23:26:02 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Sunworshipper wrote:

(...)

A friend of mine moved to Cabo San Lucas so he could have the surf
drown it out.

From what I saw in the IEEE and Discover articles,
we should be trying to eliminate sounds that are
within the bandpass of our tinnitus.

Apparently, hearing sounds of the same frequencies
of the tinnitus just makes it worse.

--Winston

Got me. Only time I hear such things is after a long drive with ear
spank and climb to the top of a mountain where it is really quiet.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e

Will probably get it really bad later in life with all the heavy rock
and roll I've listened to.

I'm more worried about hearing voices.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sunworshipper wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 23:26:02 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Sunworshipper wrote:

(...)

A friend of mine moved to Cabo San Lucas so he could have the surf
drown it out.

From what I saw in the IEEE and Discover articles,
we should be trying to eliminate sounds that are
within the bandpass of our tinnitus.

Apparently, hearing sounds of the same frequencies
of the tinnitus just makes it worse.

--Winston

Got me. Only time I hear such things is after a long drive with ear
spank and climb to the top of a mountain where it is really quiet.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e

Will probably get it really bad later in life with all the heavy rock
and roll I've listened to.

I'm more worried about hearing voices.

SW

"I almost didn't go to work today , the voices in my head were telling me to
stay home and clean the guns."
As far as the tinnitus , I have a high pitched
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in my ears all the time , but rarely notice it
.. Just kinda fades into the background noise . I blame it on too many years
of motorcycling without plugs and a few too many trips to the range without
hearing protection .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sunworshipper wrote...)

I'm more worried about hearing voices.

Not me.

I hear voices all the time.
It's very useful.
This morning SWMBO said "Breakfast is Ready!"

(Blueberry waffles! Yum!)

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:

(...)

As far as the tinnitus , I have a high pitched
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in my ears all the time , but rarely notice it
. Just kinda fades into the background noise . I blame it on too many years
of motorcycling without plugs and a few too many trips to the range without
hearing protection .

Yup. I use all kinds of loud tools.
I wear hearing protection about 20% of the time.
It takes a toll for sure.

The worst is my 2 stroke weedwhacker.
It defines the term "Painfully Loud".

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 23, 12:55*pm, Winston wrote:
I hear voices all the time.

Videos take hours to download over dialup, so every few minutes I hear
a short unexpected burst.

Jewel infiltrates a Karaoke bar:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4a8...t=hall_of_fame

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sunworshipper wrote:

I'm more worried about hearing voices.

Oh, they're nothing to worry about. They're all imaginary anyway; just
don't let them talk you into doing stupid stuff. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Snag wrote:
Sunworshipper wrote:

I'm more worried about hearing voices.

"I almost didn't go to work today , the voices in my head were telling me
to stay home and clean the guns."
As far as the tinnitus , I have a high pitched
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in my ears all the time , but rarely notice
it . Just kinda fades into the background noise . I blame it on too many
years of motorcycling without plugs and a few too many trips to the range
without hearing protection .

I've got the same thing, but I blame the fact that there isn't any place
to go (among "civilization") where you can get any PEACE AND QIET! Well,
the library, but that's when the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is most noticeable,
of course. Right now, I've got the Packers-Bears playoff on the TeeVee,
and probably too loud, but it's drowning out the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I wonder if I went 24/7 in total silence for awhile, if it would heal?

Another problem I have is that I have such minuscule ear canals that
normal earplugs hurt my ears.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jan 23, 12:55 pm, wrote:
I hear voices all the time.

Videos take hours to download over dialup, so every few minutes I hear
a short unexpected burst.

Jewel infiltrates a Karaoke bar:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4a8...t=hall_of_fame

Ka-Ren Ka-Ren Ka-Ren!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 23, 10:59*pm, Steve Ackman
wrote:
In , on
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:14:49 -0800 (PST), Jim Wilkins, wrote:

Videos take hours to download over dialup, so every few minutes I hear
a short unexpected burst.

Jewel infiltrates a Karaoke bar:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4a8...karaoke-with-j...

* Definitely funny.

* As to the unexpected burst... just hit pause to
let it download in the background. *Then play it
directly from your /tmp directory where it resides
as FlashXXSw5VAd or similar.

After the download completes the \temp\FLA.. file usually moves to
\Temporary Internet Files\.., where it pops to the top since I sort by
size. I copy the file and rename it xx.flv for which my default is the
VLC player.

If I turned the sound off I'd forget about it. On dialup videos can
take an hour to download.

jsw