DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Leading Republican To Introduce Strict Gun-Control (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/317209-re-leading-republican-introduce-strict-gun-control.html)

Wes[_5_] January 16th 11 01:18 AM

Leading Republican To Introduce Strict Gun-Control

Hawke wrote:

First thing I thought, lookie here, it's a republican who looks and acts
just like a liberal when it comes to guns. Any time something bad
happens with a gun they have a knee-jerk reaction to it and want to pass
a law banning some kind of gun or gun accessory. You really have to be
stupid to think passing a law against a gun or a magazine is going to
stop a murderer from doing what he is out to do.

Damn, I'm going to have to agree with you.

It also shows how ignorant they are about guns. You don't need a thirty
round magazine to mow down a lot of people. Any competent gun hand can
shoot mag after 7 shot mag of .45 ACP rounds without missing a beat. As
usual they overlook the cause of the problem and go after the guns in
the naive belief that that is going to do something. It is never the gun
that is the problem it's always the user. They going to pass a law to
stop crazy people from doing something crazy? That'll be the day! The
way to stop crazy people is with an armed guard.

Is this really you Hawke?

Fwiw, when I was shooting IDPA, I'd count rounds, firing two handed but at the last round
or just before, I'd remove my weak hand from the grip and grab the next mag, bang, thumb
mag release, insert mag, slide release, resume two hand grip as I continue firing. When I
got it right there was barely a pause at all in scoring hits.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller