DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Army manuals (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/316544-re-army-manuals.html)

Ignoramus26424 January 4th 11 08:49 PM

Army manuals

On 2011-01-04, Steve W. wrote:
Ignoramus7361 wrote:
I am mostly interested in Technical Manuals (TM-...), not how to dig
latrines and strangle sleeping sentries.

What I would like, mainly, is

a) Buy the manuals on a DVD or something
b) Post the entire contents on BitTorrent so that anyone can get the
entire contents, publish and republish
c) Set up a website where any given manual can be found and
downloaded, with, say, 30 manuals per day limit per IP.

I want to really kill the manual mafia.

These have a LOT of service and tech manuals for various electronic
gear. Plus a few links to other sites.

http://manoman.sqhill.com/
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/
http://www.ebaman.com/

Steve, I have decided, for now, to only publish government produced
manuals, as that does not expose me so much on the copyright front.

[email protected] January 5th 11 02:21 AM

Army manuals

On Jan 4, 3:49*pm, Ignoramus26424 ignoramus26...@NOSPAM.
26424.invalid wrote:

Steve, I have decided, for now, to only publish government produced
manuals, as that does not expose me so much on the copyright front.

Why don't you provide links to the non-government manuals? That would
be a valuable thing and should have no exposure as far as copyrights.

Dan

Ignoramus26424 January 5th 11 03:16 AM

Army manuals

26424.invalid wrote:
Steve, I have decided, for now, to only publish government produced
manuals, as that does not expose me so much on the copyright front.

Why don't you provide links to the non-government manuals? That would
be a valuable thing and should have no exposure as far as copyrights.

It is harder to be good at many things. If I simply compile a good
govt manual collection, it will be a good start. Maybe I will change
my mind later.