Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Going through Stuff

Anyone want a Canon Diskfile Drive 5001s (optical drive, early 90s)
before I put it out in the scrap bin? One assumes that it works, but Ive
never fired it up

Also

Panasonic LF-7010 Optical drive
Ext. Multi-function 1gb R/W, 940mb WORM

No media for either unit.

Im cleaning out cabinets..more Stuff will be posted.

Shipping only..its all free to anyone who can use it.

It goes into the circular file in 7 days if no one wants em.

Gunner

difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

--Gene Spafford, 1992
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Shipping only..its all free to anyone who can use it.

It goes into the circular file in 7 days if no one wants em.

Toshiba T4800CT laptop AND docking station. Along with all accessories,
mouse etc etc. The battery is probably dead or weak, but works fine with
the docking station (I didnt bother to try charging it). Very good shape
actually!

So, what's the shipping from you to Whittier, CA?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 01:12:09 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Shipping only..its all free to anyone who can use it.

It goes into the circular file in 7 days if no one wants em.

Toshiba T4800CT laptop AND docking station. Along with all accessories,
mouse etc etc. The battery is probably dead or weak, but works fine with
the docking station (I didnt bother to try charging it). Very good shape
actually!

So, what's the shipping from you to Whittier, CA?

Thanks,
Rich

**** Rich..I work all over So. Cal. Want to meet me someplace next week
and pick it up?

Ive got a shop in Anaheim off La Palma, friends in Ontario etc etc etc

Gunner
805-732-5308

difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

--Gene Spafford, 1992
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

So, what's the shipping from you to Whittier, CA?

**** Rich..I work all over So. Cal. Want to meet me someplace next week
and pick it up?

I'd rather you could stop by here - the address is 12143 Rivera Rd, Whittier
90606, the company is ABI Engineering. The only wheels I have is a bike, so
if you could find it in your heart to stop by and drop it off, that'd be
great!

I'm also totally broke; I have a half-job; I sweep the floors and take
out the trash in exchange for them letting me sleep in my office.

And my computer is getting flakier and flakier by the day, so I really need
a replacement, which is hard to accomplish with no money. )-;

And, it's probably deductible! :-)

Thanks!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:41:36 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

So, what's the shipping from you to Whittier, CA?

**** Rich..I work all over So. Cal. Want to meet me someplace next week
and pick it up?

I'd rather you could stop by here - the address is 12143 Rivera Rd, Whittier
90606, the company is ABI Engineering. The only wheels I have is a bike, so
if you could find it in your heart to stop by and drop it off, that'd be
great!

I'm also totally broke; I have a half-job; I sweep the floors and take
out the trash in exchange for them letting me sleep in my office.

And my computer is getting flakier and flakier by the day, so I really need
a replacement, which is hard to accomplish with no money. )-;

And, it's probably deductible! :-)

Thanks!
Rich

What kind of computer do you currently have? Laptop or desktop?

I have maybe something else I can bring along as well.

Are you on dialup or network?

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

I have a desktop (actually, a "tower", that's on the floor) that's getting
flakier and flakier - i.e., it'll run for anywhere from five minutes to an
hour or two and suddenly lock up or reboot itself. I don't have resources
to troubleshoot it by substitution - I tried swapping the two memory things,
which made no difference, so it's either the motherboard or the CPU, unless
a bum disk could kill a computer; I'd think that if it was one of the disks,
it'd just give me error messages, not die. )-;

I'm on network, i.e., I'll need an RJ45 network interface, either a card or
the one built into the motherboard.

Oh, and does it come with the setup/driver CD?

Thanks 10^6!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Ill see what I can dig you up G

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

I have seen problems that fit this description caused by a CPU fan that quit
working or is plugged up with dust.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RogerN wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message

I have a desktop (actually, a "tower", that's on the floor) that's
getting flakier and flakier - i.e., it'll run for anywhere from five
minutes to an hour or two and suddenly lock up or reboot itself. I don't

I have seen problems that fit this description caused by a CPU fan that
quit working or is plugged up with dust.

Well, that was the first thing I thought of, and so I've been periodically
blowing out the dust from the CPU fan and heatsink. With shop air, not just
blowing like you'd blow on your soup.

There are also at least three other computers in the same building, subject
to the same factory dust, and they're still solid as a rock, even though
they _haven't_ been blowing out the dust. Not to mention the CNCs and the
readouts on the mills and lathes, and the mongo welders.

Then again, there's a possibility that I let the dust build up and didn't
start blowing the dust until after the first time, but by that time, the
damage was probably already done. )-;

And I got this computer off ebay in the first place, so there's no telling
what kind of conditions it was subjected to before I got it.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 05:34:00 -0600, "RogerN" wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

ayup. Sure does sound like it.

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
RogerN wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message

[...]

I have seen a lot of bad caps. This problem is known to affect just about any consumer electronic
device made.
Last week my internet went out and it was going to take Comcast at least 24 hours to send a new
modem.
I replaced 6 caps in the thing and was back up in less than an hour. Check this out.....Paul

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

pen stuff Ross Hebeisen Woodturning 4 June 28th 10 03:35 AM
pen stuff Ross Hebeisen Woodturning 2 April 24th 10 09:20 AM
old stuff John Reid Electronics 1 July 15th 08 12:13 AM
dbx/ hx pro stuff [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 June 16th 07 04:31 PM
FS in Alachua/Gainesville FL: huge volume shop stuff, tools supplieshardwares, other "guy stuff", 1, some, or all - PICKUP preferred dave Woodworking 0 January 30th 07 04:31 PM