Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drop Side Baby Cribs

This looks like an excellent opportunity for handy man types to make
money converting the existing drop side cribs to fixed side cribs in
day care centers. A little drilling, some screws, recycled cribs. What
are the possibility's inn your town?

http://newsfuzion.com/2010/12/27/new...-in-june-2011/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Usual suspect" wrote
in message
This looks like an excellent opportunity for
handy man types to make
money converting the existing drop side cribs to
fixed side cribs in
day care centers. A little drilling, some
screws, recycled cribs. What
are the possibility's inn your town?

http://newsfuzion.com/2010/12/27/new...-in-june-2011/

Don't ask us, ask your g-d insurance agent!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Works, for me. I wonder how many cribs. And what charge per
crib? (about 1/3 the cost of a new crib, I'd guess?) I
wonder if there is a federal standard for how to safely
convert cribs. Hate to put in a bunch of work, and find out
the conversions are not approved.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Usual suspect" wrote in message
This looks like an excellent opportunity for handy man types
to make
money converting the existing drop side cribs to fixed side
cribs in
day care centers. A little drilling, some screws, recycled
cribs. What
are the possibility's inn your town?

http://newsfuzion.com/2010/12/27/new...-in-june-2011/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Works, for me. I wonder how many cribs. And what charge per
crib? (about 1/3 the cost of a new crib, I'd guess?) I
wonder if there is a federal standard for how to safely
convert cribs. Hate to put in a bunch of work, and find out
the conversions are not approved.

You are responsible for anything that happens if you modify them.
What are your thoughts about doing time in the Federal Pen?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 31, 8:02*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Works, for me. I wonder how many cribs. And what charge per
crib? (about 1/3 the cost of a new crib, I'd guess?) I
wonder if there is a federal standard for how to safely
convert cribs. Hate to put in a bunch of work, and find out
the conversions are not approved.

* *You are responsible for anything that happens if you modify them.
What are your thoughts about doing time in the Federal Pen?

--
For the last time: *I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

And losing every penny you have when the lawsuit happens.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

An email friend of mine reminded me much the same thing.
That a person modifying cribs would incur a lot of liability
in case anything else went wrong.

That liability would likely take the form of massive fines
and penalties, not club fed time. What's the point of doing
a $25 crib repair that results in a $25,000 liability plus
court and attorney costs?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
message

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Works, for me. I wonder how many cribs. And what charge
per
crib? (about 1/3 the cost of a new crib, I'd guess?) I
wonder if there is a federal standard for how to safely
convert cribs. Hate to put in a bunch of work, and find
out
the conversions are not approved.

You are responsible for anything that happens if you
modify them.
What are your thoughts about doing time in the Federal Pen?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a
very ticked off
scientist!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

An email friend of mine reminded me much the same thing.
That a person modifying cribs would incur a lot of liability
in case anything else went wrong.

That liability would likely take the form of massive fines
and penalties, not club fed time. What's the point of doing
a $25 crib repair that results in a $25,000 liability plus
court and attorney costs?

Who's going to sue you? Your own kid, who can't even talk? Are you expecting
a visit from the Crib Police?

It's YOUR kid, after all - what kind of Communist regime wants to tell you
how to raise it without killing it?

Admittedly, if you did kill it, you'd probably be in a heap of trouble.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Well, the article did mention cribs in daycare centers. My
guess is that an injured or dead baby in a daycare center,
the parents might sue the daycare. And that the daycare
people would in turn blame the crib repairman.

As to what kind of regime. We appear to have such a regime,
in the Peoples Republic of USA.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rich Grise"
wrote in message

Who's going to sue you? Your own kid, who can't even talk?
Are you expecting
a visit from the Crib Police?

It's YOUR kid, after all - what kind of Communist regime
wants to tell you
how to raise it without killing it?

Admittedly, if you did kill it, you'd probably be in a heap
of trouble.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 6, 7:06*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Well, the article did mention cribs in daycare centers. My
guess is that an injured or dead baby in a daycare center,
the parents might sue the daycare. And that the daycare
people would in turn blame the crib repairman.

As to what kind of regime. We appear to have such a regime,
in the Peoples Republic of USA.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Rich Grise"
wrote in ...

Who's going to sue you? Your own kid, who can't even talk?
Are you expecting
a visit from the Crib Police?

It's YOUR kid, after all - what kind of Communist regime
wants to tell you
how to raise it without killing it?

Admittedly, if you did kill it, you'd probably be in a heap
of trouble.

Cheers!
Rich

We live in a country where you are held responsible for your actions.

I have no problem with that...and I live my life in a way that
minimizes my exposure to liability.

Meanwhile I watch others **** and moan about how the world doesn't
exist only for their benefit and gain.

Many, many times those who are ****ing and moaning are conservatives.

They want accountability...as long as it doesn't apply to them.

Modify a crib,,you are responsible for it afterwards.

If your chid was killed by a crib that was modified, you would want
those responsible to be held accountable.

TMT