Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Good News for wingers

On Dec 27, 10:13*am, Deep Dudu wrote:

So what exactly is your point?

that the rich are getting richer while the middle class is getting
poorer, and at present rate soon there will be no middle class, but of
course that is what your wealthy masters want.

I doubt if anyone really wants such a large division between the rich
and poor. It is a sign of our times. Physical labor is not worth
what it was. Too many jobs are easily automated. There is just
little demand for machinists. That is not the Democrats or Republicans
fault.

So to have a good job you need a first rate education. And if you
have one, you are paid well. If you do not have a first rate
education, you are in a group with a lot of people. So there is a lot
of supply, but not much demand.

Is there a solution? I do not see one. Unions can have some effect
on wages, but it is really limited and only affects a relatively small
group of people. Too many people that are willing to work for less
than union wages.

Should you reduce the wages of those with super skills? That will
reduce the supply of personnel with super skills, but will not affect
the demand.

And you have to consider this to be a global economy. Ships,
airplanes, and fiber optics have changed the landscape.

Dan