Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It's a Merry Christmas, remodel almost done

The reason I haven't been doing any metalwork lately:

Kitchen remodel is 95% done. Had family and guests last night, and it was
wonderful. Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec. 26th
shopping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Go to page two, and see what it looked like before.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
The reason I haven't been doing any metalwork lately:

Kitchen remodel is 95% done. Had family and guests last night, and it was
wonderful. Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec. 26th
shopping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Go to page two, and see what it looked like before.

Steve

Nice, great job! Quartz or Granite? The company that did my granite made
my sink cut-out into a pastry board that I put in the refrigerator then use
for rolling out pastry dough. What kind of range top? What kind of lights
in the ceiling? I installed quartz lights and kind of regret it, they are
like sun lamps and it gets uncomfortable in the heat beams after a while..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
The reason I haven't been doing any metalwork lately:

Kitchen remodel is 95% done. Had family and guests last night, and it
was wonderful. Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec.
26th shopping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Go to page two, and see what it looked like before.

Steve

Nice, great job! Quartz or Granite? The company that did my granite made
my sink cut-out into a pastry board that I put in the refrigerator then
use for rolling out pastry dough. What kind of range top? What kind of
lights in the ceiling? I installed quartz lights and kind of regret it,
they are like sun lamps and it gets uncomfortable in the heat beams after
a while..

We did granite, as we liked the Vegas remodel granite so much. No staining,
set a HOT pan right on there, and no worries, mate. We kept the cutouts,
and have several from the Vegas job, and will incorporate them into the
backyard cook area this summer. It is a Bosch 5 burner, top burner rating
15,000 btu, smallest one, 9,000 btu, but with very low simmer setting.
Constant level grate all across. Top is just can lights with halogens. Not
what I'd do again, but we had to drop the ceiling 18" to put in a 5 ton heat
pump with ducting.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve, you didn't cut the main tile to match the deco-tile, did you?
If so you would have made a great tile setter, kinda like a starving
artist. I don't think I would take on a job like that. You'll see,
someday you'll have over a real tile setter and they are gonna think
you bumped your head when they see that. Makes my back and knees hurt
to imagine doing it.

Reminds me of a pool I did like a chess board, all black and white,
and the customer had to pay 50% more. When it was all done she came
out of the house and just loved it. I took the opportunity and asked
why she would want the pool like that and she showed me her house.
The entire house was black and white checker, lamp shades, couches,
carpet, kitchen counter, you name it.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 26, 8:51*am, "Steve B" wrote:
The reason I haven't been doing any metalwork lately:

Kitchen remodel is 95% done. *Had family and guests last night, and it was
wonderful. *Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec. 26th
shopping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Go to page two, and see what it looked like before.

Steve

Nice job Steve!!!
My SWMBO insists on single compartment sinks. Every place we have
lived I have had to change out the sink.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Sunworshipper" wrote in message

Steve, you didn't cut the main tile to match the deco-tile, did you?
If so you would have made a great tile setter, kinda like a starving
artist. I don't think I would take on a job like that. You'll see,
someday you'll have over a real tile setter and they are gonna think
you bumped your head when they see that. Makes my back and knees hurt
to imagine doing it.

Reminds me of a pool I did like a chess board, all black and white,
and the customer had to pay 50% more. When it was all done she came
out of the house and just loved it. I took the opportunity and asked
why she would want the pool like that and she showed me her house.
The entire house was black and white checker, lamp shades, couches,
carpet, kitchen counter, you name it.

SW

My handyman is an artiste, whether it be matching drywall textures, putting
in new load bearing support beams, wiring, you name it. This slab was
poured by his brother in law and he said it was the worst he'd ever dealt
with. Yes, the big tiles were cut out by moi to match the decorative ones.
In the bath, he used six or eight pieces of the small deco pieces, then cut
out an 18" square tile in the center to receive them. That was hard, but he
made it look good. He gets $25 an hour, lives about a quarter mile from me,
and he gets an incredible amount done in an hour. Moves seamlessly from one
task to another when we hit a snag because of materials, etc. If I'd hit
that damn lottery, I'd have him busy for about five years. Our first guests
have 75% gone gaga about the floor.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
On Dec 26, 8:51 am, "Steve B" wrote:
The reason I haven't been doing any metalwork lately:

Kitchen remodel is 95% done. Had family and guests last night, and it was
wonderful. Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec. 26th
shopping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

Go to page two, and see what it looked like before.

Steve

Nice job Steve!!!
My SWMBO insists on single compartment sinks. Every place we have
lived I have had to change out the sink.

Ivan Vegvary

Our first after seeing them in various friends and relative's houses. I
like it.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 09:28:04 -0600, Sunworshipper
wrote:

Steve, you didn't cut the main tile to match the deco-tile, did you?
If so you would have made a great tile setter, kinda like a starving
artist. I don't think I would take on a job like that. You'll see,
someday you'll have over a real tile setter and they are gonna think
you bumped your head when they see that.

It is a custom job and it probably took him 30 minutes per tile to
accomplish, but it's a nice job. It's only one edge per tile, kinda
like a woodworker handcutting dovetails. They're worth the effort.

Makes my back and knees hurt to imagine doing it.

That, too.

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Merry Christmas RCM Wes[_5_] Metalworking 1 December 25th 10 12:39 PM
Merry Christmas - someone had to say it ARWadsworth UK diy 38 December 23rd 10 01:18 AM
Merry Christmas IMM UK diy 40 December 29th 04 11:13 PM
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [email protected] Woodturning 2 December 24th 04 05:09 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL I C U Woodworking 1 December 23rd 04 12:32 AM