Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ERNICRMO-10 alloy, can join any ferrous anything?

A couple of 30 lb spools of ERNICRMO-10 accidentally followed me home.

http://www.techalloy.com/_assets/nic...challoy622.pdf

It is a alloy of 60% nickel, 21% chrome, 13% molybdenum.

After reading the above pdf, and some other things, it seems that this
mig wire can join pretty much anything ferrous to anything ferrous, or
inconel, right? Say, stainless to high carbon, high carbon to inconel,
high to low carbon, etc? So if I have two pieces and I have no clue, I
can reliably weld them with this mig wire?

Just how nasty is it to health, as far as fumes are concerned?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus1592 wrote:
A couple of 30 lb spools of ERNICRMO-10 accidentally followed me home.

http://www.techalloy.com/_assets/nic...challoy622.pdf

It is a alloy of 60% nickel, 21% chrome, 13% molybdenum.

After reading the above pdf, and some other things, it seems that this
mig wire can join pretty much anything ferrous to anything ferrous, or
inconel, right? Say, stainless to high carbon, high carbon to inconel,
high to low carbon, etc? So if I have two pieces and I have no clue, I
can reliably weld them with this mig wire?

Just how nasty is it to health, as far as fumes are concerned?

http://www.techalloy.com/_assets/_msds/MSDSNI.pdf

What diameter is the wire?

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-12-22, John wrote:
Ignoramus1592 wrote:
A couple of 30 lb spools of ERNICRMO-10 accidentally followed me home.

http://www.techalloy.com/_assets/nic...challoy622.pdf

It is a alloy of 60% nickel, 21% chrome, 13% molybdenum.

After reading the above pdf, and some other things, it seems that this
mig wire can join pretty much anything ferrous to anything ferrous, or
inconel, right? Say, stainless to high carbon, high carbon to inconel,
high to low carbon, etc? So if I have two pieces and I have no clue, I
can reliably weld them with this mig wire?

Just how nasty is it to health, as far as fumes are concerned?

http://www.techalloy.com/_assets/_msds/MSDSNI.pdf

Seems to be medium nasty, the worst being cobalt.

What diameter is the wire?

0.045" diameter in 30 lbs spools.