Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Homemade Draw Bar

The only snafu to watch for is to cut a groove in the bottom so a screwdriver can get up into the bottom and hold the adapter when the collet unscrews from the adapter before the draw bar unscrews.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"KD7HB" wrote in message
The only snafu to watch for is to cut a groove in the bottom so a
screwdriver can get up into the bottom and hold the adapter when the
collet unscrews from the adapter before the draw bar unscrews.

Paul

I had not thought of that. It's a good thought. On this application I do
not think its necessary as the draw bar can drop out the bottom of the
machine after removing the knob/nut on the top if the adaptor does stay on
the draw bar. It really doesn't matter if the adaptor bushing unscrews from
the chuck taper or the rod unscrews from the adaptor bushing.

Anyway, I finished the draw bar and thread bushing yesterday. I also made a
different bushing for the original metric threaded taper on the drill chuck.
That way I can leave the bushing in the taper, and I don't have to keep
track of a separate draw bar. I promptly threw the original draw bar in the
trash. The only drawbar now for the machine is always in the machine.

I can leave the adaptor bushing screwed into its matching chuck when not in
use.

Homemade Draw Bar Bob La Londe Metalworking 6 December 19th 10 04:08 AM
Homemade Draw Bar KD7HB Metalworking 1 December 18th 10 10:14 PM
DIY stands for Draw It Yourself, right? Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 28 August 21st 10 03:27 PM
Car current draw ransley Home Repair 9 February 5th 08 08:24 PM
what amp draw will I likely see? RB Home Repair 14 September 1st 05 03:55 AM