Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mass firings at Chipotle restaurants

Why not. Solar mining is logical. On another point - They, NASA,
found water on mars - it is sub surface.

There is lots of ice in the solar system - thousands of tons of ice
bombard the Earth every day. Yes - the poles are the target. Ice
over areas south of that are normally to warm for ice balls to land.
Sometimes they do. From time to time, articles in Journals report
the volume of ice decreasing and increasing. It depends on our orbit
location about the sun with respect to the rest of the solar system.

I am all for mining and stealing from various orbiting objects and even
those of some asteroids and meteors. They might have the minerals
needed on a colony in orbit.

Martin

On 12/18/2010 12:13 AM, Rich Grise wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Shall not be infringed wrote:
On Dec 12, 9:10 pm, "Michael A.
Libtardopia Lost wrote:

You don't have an atomic powered flying car either? Bummer dude!
It's the
government's fault! We was promised!

I'm more upset over their failure to have a colony on Mars!

Hey, you took an oath and swore not to talk about that. Loose lips
sink ships.

Sigh. I was talking about the OTHER Mars colony. You know, the one
for the tourists and media on the other side of Mars so it's too far
from the real base for them to see it. Now, you've revealed the secret.

I think we should develop torchships (http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/),
go to either the asteroid belt or the rings of Saturn and capture about a
100,000,000-ton chunk of ice and drop it on Mars. We'd need to find some
nitrogen and oxygen, but we could make a space super-scooper and get them
from Jupiter's atmosphere. ;-)

Another cool thing would be to build some ultra-deep submersibles to go
to the bottom of the oceans on Europa and Enceladus. Wouldn't it be cool
if there were black smokers and tubeworms there?

What do you guys think?

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

from Jupiter's atmosphere. ;-)

Another cool thing would be to build some ultra-deep submersibles to go
to the bottom of the oceans on Europa and Enceladus. Wouldn't it be cool
if there were black smokers and tubeworms there?

What do you guys think?

Cheers!
Rich

It would be cool (especially on the surface) but are there not
kilometers of ice to get through first? Black smokers and tubeworms
would be nice but I'd like to see some fish-like creatures (maybe with
glowing eyes to help them see in the dark).

Laurie Forbes