Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone got a video camera swap/trade/sell?

The ex is going to Utah in January or Febuary to see the grandkids, and
Id like to get her a video camera so she can take pictures of the kids.

Something reliable, not pretty nor new. Tape or SD card..though SD card
might be easier to deal with..though I understand that tape is better.
Id prefer an 8mm..as the old VHS tape cameras are nice..but they are BIG
and she has to fly out there and being able to stick a camera in her
baggage would be best.

Ive been browsing Ebay, and reading reviews and while Id prefer a
Sony..at this point..money tends to be a bit...tight...so Id settle for
just about anything in good working condition.

Any suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks

Gunner

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:58:26 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

The ex is going to Utah in January or Febuary to see the grandkids, and
Id like to get her a video camera so she can take pictures of the kids.

Something reliable, not pretty nor new. Tape or SD card..though SD card
might be easier to deal with..though I understand that tape is better.
Id prefer an 8mm..as the old VHS tape cameras are nice..but they are BIG
and she has to fly out there and being able to stick a camera in her
baggage would be best.

RENT one for the month IN UTAH. You can get insurance on it against
damage or loss. Choose a company who has outlets near her
destination, too, so it can be replaced when needed. Getting it there
means no TSA hassles, either. Hmm, Rent-a-Center doesn't seem to
carry them any more, at least online. Call one to doublecheck. It was
$30 (hmm, was that a week or month?) when I called one years ago. I
never rented it, though.

Ive been browsing Ebay, and reading reviews and while Id prefer a
Sony..at this point..money tends to be a bit...tight...so Id settle for
just about anything in good working condition.

Don't buy one. Phones come with short recording capabilities.

VER has offices in Animalheim and Glendale if she doesn't find one
close to her in Utah. http://www.verrents.com/locations/

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

There is indeed a thought. Thanks!

Gunner

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
The ex is going to Utah in January or Febuary to see the grandkids, and
Id like to get her a video camera so she can take pictures of the kids.

Something reliable, not pretty nor new. Tape or SD card..though SD card
might be easier to deal with..though I understand that tape is better.
Id prefer an 8mm..as the old VHS tape cameras are nice..but they are BIG
and she has to fly out there and being able to stick a camera in her
baggage would be best.

Ive been browsing Ebay, and reading reviews and while Id prefer a
Sony..at this point..money tends to be a bit...tight...so Id settle for
just about anything in good working condition.

Any suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=S750-3882

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=P409-2080

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=J300-1248

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 14, 2:58*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Why aren't you going with her to see the kids?

Restraining order still in place?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:20:08 -0800, JR North
wrote:

The Sony Digital8 tape models (DCR-TRV520, 530) are good. The earlier
Sony analog 8mm (CCD-TRXXX) pretty much ALL have bad cap issues now. Too
bad, their low-lux performance was excellent.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

THANK you for the heads up there!! Thats a life saver!

Gunner

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:24:27 -0600, "Chomp Noamsky"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks!

But "digital zoom" simply wont cut it.

Gunner

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The Sony Digital8 tape models (DCR-TRV520, 530) are good. The earlier
Sony analog 8mm (CCD-TRXXX) pretty much ALL have bad cap issues now. Too
bad, their low-lux performance was excellent.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

THANK you for the heads up there!! Thats a life saver!

Gunner

Ive been browsing Ebay..and I see a surprisingly high number of the DCR
cameras in Not Working condition.

Are they that fragile?

The DCR models go cheap and are claimed to be "in good working order"

Can you expand on the differences and so forth?

Are there ther brands that are as good as the Sony's?

Gunner

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The Sony Digital8 tape models (DCR-TRV520, 530) are good. The earlier
Sony analog 8mm (CCD-TRXXX) pretty much ALL have bad cap issues now. Too
bad, their low-lux performance was excellent.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

THANK you for the heads up there!! Thats a life saver!

Gunner

The digital 8s have the cap problems too.
At least a lot of them did. Brother had one, friend had 2 - all
digital 8, and all with cap failures. One under warrantee.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The Sony Digital8 tape models (DCR-TRV520, 530) are good. The earlier
Sony analog 8mm (CCD-TRXXX) pretty much ALL have bad cap issues now. Too
bad, their low-lux performance was excellent.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

THANK you for the heads up there!! Thats a life saver!

Gunner

The digital 8s have the cap problems too.
At least a lot of them did. Brother had one, friend had 2 - all
digital 8, and all with cap failures. One under warrantee.

So what did they replace them with? Assuming another brand?

I think my brother just gave up on video, until he bought the Canon
digital camera theat will take JPEG videos on the SD card.
Friend also gave up on dedicated video camera - and I just use my
panasonic digital camera for any video I need.The batteries for my JVC
Compact VHS never lasted more than a year - I think the camera is
still gathering dust somewhere around here.

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Dig it out and Ill send you $10 for it.

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I think my brother just gave up on video, until he bought the Canon
digital camera theat will take JPEG videos on the SD card.
Friend also gave up on dedicated video camera - and I just use my
panasonic digital camera for any video I need.The batteries for my JVC
Compact VHS never lasted more than a year - I think the camera is
still gathering dust somewhere around here.

I got to use a $4,000 Sony (IIRC) camera, and big video editing suite for a
few months. There is tons of things to learn, some of them complicated,
some of them like a lot of computer things, once you do it once or twice,
you remember it. I did not get the hang of the video editing, but I have
been taking pictures now for over fifty years, and that part is the same as
always.

I did some youtube stuff with my Sony DSCH1 still camera in video mode, and
it turned out great. Now I need to learn how to edit them and melt several
sequences together. I do not think that would be hard. The camera takes in
MP4 format, which is what goes directly on youtube.

What you might want to consider, Gunner, is the resolution you want. How
good do you want the picture to be, because that is what determines the
camera and cost. The current crop of huge storage cards usually just plug
and play on most computers, or there is a jack to put it straight out to TV.

For what you want, figure out what your quality requirements are, then
advertise for that type of camera. In today's market, I would estimate that
you can buy a very nice digital video camera for about $100.

HTH

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:56:48 -0800

Now Im old and slow and can only cum a couple times in an hour..so all
Ive got are some memories.

Let me see if I have this correct.... you now take all night to do
what you used to do all night, right? Either way you were at it all
night long - and you're complaining?

Snivel......

Oops, I need to get the glasses checked. Thought that had an H as
the second letter...
--
pyotr filipivich
"Do not argue with the forces of nature, for you are small,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:31:49 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:56:48 -0800

Now Im old and slow and can only cum a couple times in an hour..so all
Ive got are some memories.

Let me see if I have this correct.... you now take all night to do
what you used to do all night, right? Either way you were at it all
night long - and you're complaining?

Yes. Sigh....getting old..is not for the young....snivel.....

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

So Gunner...you still haven't told us why you aren't going to see the
kids.

With all the rain, I would think you would like a change of address.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

FRESH CUT BG/SBLC AVAILABLE FOR LEASE & PURCHASE. Im a financial mandate with a genuine and reliable providers for Fresh Cut Banking Instruments such as Bank Guarantee/Standby Letters of Credit/ SBLC and commitment to purchase or a standby loan.

Sale And Lease At Purchasing 32% + 2% Leasing Fee At 4% + 2% and other financial instruments, at reasonable prices, Issuance by top AA rated Bank in Europe, Middle East.

We will be glad to share our working procedures at your request I will send you DOA to help us proceed towards closing deals effectively.

Contact Name: Gary Lavelle
E-Mail:
WhatApp: +32 460 24 74 63

#Sblc # Loan #Bank Guarantee #Purchase # Leasing # Banking #financial Instrument # Finance # Trade # Europe # Standby.