Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Personal question metal related

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-12-09, Steve B wrote:
I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

And I need a REALLY GOOD ear hair cutter
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-12-09, Steve wrote:
I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

Not a *great* unit, but cheap and serviceable:
http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore....c-er112bc.html

The battery door on this one keeps falling off but perhaps
they've fixed the design by now.

It disassembles easily for cleaning in your ultrasound tank.

And I need a REALLY GOOD ear hair cutter

Nair. Seriously.

At the end of my shave, I dab a little around the outside
of the helixes, the lobes and the entrance of the ear canals.

Washes off in the shower and the results are flawless.

http://www.naircare.com/products/products_lotions.aspx

I left some on my cheek for several minutes and got a
minor chemical burn. So, rinse it off just like it
says in the instructions.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 20:31:15 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

Steve

See
http://www.hammacher.com/Product/74095

They claim it's the best of many they tested. I'd say it works OK. It
definitely works best right after a hot shower, and with a fresh
battery.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

Steve

I use a Bic lighter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

I use a Groom Mate, which is completely mechanical, and cuts far better
than the electric units I have used, probably because the Groom Mate
blades are actually sharp.

https://www.groommate.com/

I actually bought it through Amazon, where you will find my review
(buried under 430 other reviews).

http://www.amazon.com/Groom-Mate-Platinum-Nose-Trimmer/dp/B000EBFJXS

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mac mac is offline

On Dec 9, 9:56*am, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
*"Steve B" wrote:

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. *My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. *I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. *I expect to spend about $25. *Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. *What is a good
unit?

I use a Groom Mate, which is completely mechanical, and cuts far better
than the electric units I have used, probably because the Groom Mate
blades are actually sharp.

https://www.groommate.com/

I actually bought it through Amazon, where you will find my review
(buried under 430 other reviews).

http://www.amazon.com/Groom-Mate-Platinum-Nose-Trimmer/dp/B000EBFJXS

Joe Gwinn

I use a small pair of scissor, three and a half total length and the
cutting section is curved, about one inch long. I tried at least two
of the barrel type and they both pulled the hair as it cuts.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

Well, the HF units are right out of that argument, so don't pay any
attention to the $3.99 sale I did last week. sigh

I prefer the rotary type, but they need to be sharp or your li'l
tenders get pulled out by the root. DAMHIKT

I think the Brauns are too expensive for your gift exchange, but I've
heard they're well made.

Since I've been given and bought only the cheapies, I can't give you
any advice on how the more expensive ones fare. Maybe these'll help:

http://nose-hair-trimmers.org/ (great billboard!)

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/fashio...on_advice.html

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
,

*"Steve B" wrote:

[...]

I hope the points are blunt.

I tried at least two
of the barrel type and they both pulled the hair as it cuts.

I find it best to use the GroomMate on dry hair, but never had a problem
with pulling. I suppose that hair diameter would matter, though.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

Steve

I use a Bic lighter.

Heavy duty wire cutters?

Steve R.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. *My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. *I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. *I expect to spend about $25. *Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. *What is a good
unit?

Steve

I use a Bic lighter.

Heavy duty wire cutters?

Steve R.

Dremel tool with a plug cutter bit.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a
good
unit?

Steve

I use a Bic lighter.

Heavy duty wire cutters?

Steve R.

Dremel tool with a plug cutter bit.
************

We have a WINNER!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/10/2010 12:40 AM, mac wrote:

I use a small pair of scissor, three and a half total length and the
cutting section is curved, about one inch long. I tried at least two
of the barrel type and they both pulled the hair as it cuts.

And doesn't that bring tears to your eyes?

--
Kevin (Bluey)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a
good
unit?

Steve

I use a Bic lighter.

Heavy duty wire cutters?

Steve R.

Dremel tool with a plug cutter bit.
************

We have a WINNER!

NO WAY! The Bic lighter wins hands down!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mac mac is offline

On Dec 10, 4:24*am, "Kevin(Bluey)" wrote:
On 12/10/2010 12:40 AM, mac wrote:

I use a small pair of scissor, three and a half total length and the
cutting section is curved, about one inch long. I tried at least two
of the barrel type and they both pulled the hair as it cuts.

And doesn't that bring tears to your eyes?

--
Kevin (Bluey)

It does, and I am not macho enough to bear it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 10, 2:02*am, "Tom Gardner" wrote:
"Denis G." wrote in message

On Dec 9, 10:03 pm, "Steve" wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

m...

"Steve B" wrote in message

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a
good
unit?

Steve

I use a Bic lighter.

Heavy duty wire cutters?

Steve R.

Dremel tool with a plug cutter bit.
************

We have a WINNER!- Hide quoted text -

Your's was better Tom. Reminds me of going to the dentist and the
uneasy feeling of seeing smoke come out of my mouth as he's drilling
away.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Steve" wrote in message

Heavy duty wire cutters?

Steve R.

You use dykes to trim your nose hair?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a
good
unit?

Steve

I use a Bic lighter.

Heavy duty wire cutters?

Steve R.

Dremel tool with a plug cutter bit.
************

We have a WINNER!

Unibit. One size fits all noses AND ears!

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Denis G." wrote:

Yours was better Tom. Reminds me of going to the dentist and the
uneasy feeling of seeing smoke come out of my mouth as he's drilling
away.

The smell was the worst when he hit the infection.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ATP wrote:

Steve wrote:

Heavy duty wire cutters?

You use dykes to trim your nose hair?

No, he has a lesbian trim them. ;-)

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 10, 1:03*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
"Denis G." wrote:

Yours was better Tom. *Reminds me of going to the dentist and the
uneasy feeling of seeing smoke come out of my mouth as he's drilling
away.

* *The smell was the worst when he hit the infection.

--
For the last time: *I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

See no evil, hear no evil, smell no evil.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Denis G." wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Denis G. wrote:

Yours was better Tom. Reminds me of going to the dentist and the
uneasy feeling of seeing smoke come out of my mouth as he's drilling
away.

The smell was the worst when he hit the infection.

See no evil, hear no evil, smell no evil.

It was beyond evil. The oral surgeon was gagging. Lucky for me, the
water jet they used for irrigation was blowing most of it away from me.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus13521 wrote:
On 2010-12-09, Steve wrote:
[...]

Reply:
Nair is nasty stuff. My barber was telling the story of one of his
customers telling about a haircut in Cairo, Egypt. the guy asked if he
wanted his ear hairs done, and when he said yes, the barber put something in
the ear and flamed it, with a quick whoosh, all the ear hair was gone.
But I use a rechargeable cutter with changeable blades from Walmart. Works
well. Was about $18 a couple years ago.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Califbill wrote:
"Winston" wrote in message ...

(...)

Nair. Seriously.

At the end of my shave, I dab a little around the outside
of the helixes, the lobes and the entrance of the ear canals.

Washes off in the shower and the results are flawless.

http://www.naircare.com/products/products_lotions.aspx

I left some on my cheek for several minutes and got a
minor chemical burn. So, rinse it off just like it
says in the instructions.

--Winston

Reply:
Nair is nasty stuff.

I don't know about 'nasty'...

MSDS says we should not drink it or put it in our eyes.
https://www2.itap.purdue.edu/msds/docs/4192.pdf

Sounds reasonable to me.

As long as it is rinsed off after 3 minutes with
a few gallons of heated Hydric Acid per instructions,
I can't imagine it to be unreasonably hazardous.
I haven't experienced any issues with it and it
works better than anything else I've tried.

Here's the MSDS for Hydric Acid:
http://www.dhmo.org/msdsdhmo.html

It's a perspective thing. Some folks snip ear hair
using a nice sharp pair of scissors.

(That is potentially nasty!)

My barber was telling the story of one of his
customers telling about a haircut in Cairo, Egypt. the guy asked if he
wanted his ear hairs done, and when he said yes, the barber put
something in the ear and flamed it, with a quick whoosh, all the ear
hair was gone.

Just between you and me, the cream sounds safer.

But I use a rechargeable cutter with changeable blades
from Walmart. Works well. Was about $18 a couple years ago.

Upthread, you see that I use a similar tool for my schnozz.

It works just fine.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

Steve

Steve, I have a Panasonic ER415 that works well for nose and ears.
Ebay has 'em for $13, free shipping. Nice stocking stuffer. Haven't
had to replace the battery (batteries? I dunno) yet, though it's been
in use for about a year. I use it about once a week.

It says "fully immersible" but I use it dry. Don't intend to find out
whether that claim is true. :-)
--
Best -- Terry

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 09:56:44 -0500, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

I need to go buy a GOOD nose hair cutter. My wife gives me holy ****
because my nose hair grows faster than any other hair on my body. I have a
cheeeeeep Conair right now, and it doesn't work very well, and is always
falling into parts. I expect to spend about $25. Maybe even put it on my
Christmas list for someone in the family who draws my name. What is a good
unit?

I use a Groom Mate, which is completely mechanical, and cuts far better
than the electric units I have used, probably because the Groom Mate
blades are actually sharp.

https://www.groommate.com/

I actually bought it through Amazon, where you will find my review
(buried under 430 other reviews).

http://www.amazon.com/Groom-Mate-Platinum-Nose-Trimmer/dp/B000EBFJXS

Joe Gwinn

I had a similar one I bought years ago from an ad in Popular Mechanics
IRRC and it worked very very well. Then it disappeared never to be seen
again. My son was about 7 at the time...shrug....

Ive tried various powered units and this type of manual trimmer seems to
last the longest

Gunner

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:33:22 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

An Eyebrow trimmer? What in Croms name for?

I keep mine a solid line from outside of each eye socket to opposite eye
socket. It helps provide shade and acts as a secondary lock for keeping
my sun glasses on above the nose.

Trim eyebrows? Good grief!!

Such a bunch of girly men....sigh....

Eyebrows are SUPPOSED to look like a second mustache!!

That reminds me of the guy in the movie DUNE. Big, heavyset, older
guy with three inch whiskers sticking out above his eyes.
http://fwd4.me/sqc Cracked me up, it did.
http://fwd4.me/sqg The Master had some big 'uns, too.

--
Know how to listen, and you will
profit even from those who talk badly.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

An Eyebrow trimmer? What in Croms name for?

I keep mine a solid line from outside of each eye socket to opposite eye
socket. It helps provide shade and acts as a secondary lock for keeping
my sun glasses on above the nose.

Trim eyebrows? Good grief!!

Such a bunch of girly men....sigh....

Eyebrows are SUPPOSED to look like a second mustache!!

That reminds me of the guy in the movie DUNE. Big, heavyset, older
guy with three inch whiskers sticking out above his eyes.
http://fwd4.me/sqc Cracked me up, it did.
http://fwd4.me/sqg The Master had some big 'uns, too.

So thats where the rest of my family went!!

Cool!