Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kilts...which ones are best for work wear?

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 7, 2:16*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
*38/24 size

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
*or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
*caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,

The crotchless Republican version.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Gunner

--

I'd never heard of working kilts and thought you were having a lend of me, I
found you were not! Learnt something new.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7474015@N08/2439061353/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7474015@N08/2439061131/

Workplace seating to suit as well:

http://www.shirleypipeband.com/underkilt4.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

My family has 3 UtiliKilts. They are well designed, and very well made.
The Survial model with detachable pockets are my favorites.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

The customer made ads are also a hoot.

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 7, 3:16*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

How about saving up to pay your taxes, Mr. "patriot" ?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Doug White wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

My family has 3 UtiliKilts. They are well designed, and very well made.
The Survial model with detachable pockets are my favorites.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

The customer made ads are also a hoot.

Doug White

Caution: Utilikilt not recommended for use while welding.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 00:16:36 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Jayzuss, $215-$566 for a Utilikilt? Uckfay Atthay Oisenay!
Who do they frackin' think they are, Festeringtool?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Can you or the EX sew? Have her stitch up some nice denim for yer
UtiliCargoMAN'SmanKilt.

http://fwd4.me/rsA
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-a-Cargo-Kilt/
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107968.0

Me? I wear denim shorts about half the year, showing off all the
cuts, scrapes, and gashes which happen to my legs on a daily basis.
They're PFTC for active men, as you all know.

I understand that kilts are instant magnets for women. Now I know why
you want one, ya perv.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 19:16:20 +0800, "Dennis" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Gunner

--

I'd never heard of working kilts and thought you were having a lend of me, I
found you were not! Learnt something new.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7474015@N08/2439061353/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7474015@N08/2439061131/

I know some here wear kilts...hence my questions.

Workplace seating to suit as well:

http://www.shirleypipeband.com/underkilt4.jpg

ROFLMAO!!

Gunner

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 14:14:05 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

My family has 3 UtiliKilts. They are well designed, and very well made.
The Survial model with detachable pockets are my favorites.

They are a bit...pricey though..? $225 each?

http://www.utilikilts.com/

The customer made ads are also a hoot.

Doug White

Thanks!

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:36:15 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Doug White wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

My family has 3 UtiliKilts. They are well designed, and very well made.
The Survial model with detachable pockets are my favorites.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

The customer made ads are also a hoot.

Doug White

Caution: Utilikilt not recommended for use while welding.

Material issues, or coverage issues?

I usually wear shorts in the long hot summers here, and weld in them
regularly, but also wear a long leather apron to protect my legs.

Or is the Utilikilt not tough enough?

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Jayzuss, $215-$566 for a Utilikilt? Uckfay Atthay Oisenay!
Who do they frackin' think they are, Festeringtool?

ayup...I rather went into sticker shock when I got to the pricing on
their website......
My Armani suit didnt cost that much (St. Vicents d'Paul)

Hell...my best oilskin duster didnt cost half that and its Austrailian
and Ive worn it for over 15 yrs in the winter.

American Made...which is good. American made at outragious
prices...thats why the Chicoms are eating our asses....

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Can you or the EX sew? Have her stitch up some nice denim for yer
UtiliCargoMAN'SmanKilt.

http://fwd4.me/rsA
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-a-Cargo-Kilt/
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107968.0

Thanks, Ill check em out.

Me? I wear denim shorts about half the year, showing off all the
cuts, scrapes, and gashes which happen to my legs on a daily basis.
They're PFTC for active men, as you all know.

Indeed.

I understand that kilts are instant magnets for women. Now I know why
you want one, ya perv.

VBG

http://www.utilikilts.com/customer/r...r-a-utilikilt/

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:35:16 -0800

wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Jayzuss, $215-$566 for a Utilikilt? Uckfay Atthay Oisenay!
Who do they frackin' think they are, Festeringtool?

ayup...I rather went into sticker shock when I got to the pricing on
their website......
My Armani suit didnt cost that much (St. Vicents d'Paul)

Hell...my best oilskin duster didnt cost half that and its Austrailian
and Ive worn it for over 15 yrs in the winter.

American Made...which is good. American made at outragious
prices...thats why the Chicoms are eating our asses....

It is a case of quality materials, and a lot of labor involved. A
"proper" kilt is not just wrapping yourself in the table cloth, (or
oil cloth, in this case).
Yeah, they are spendy. But they are also durable.

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Can you or the EX sew? Have her stitch up some nice denim for yer
UtiliCargoMAN'SmanKilt.

http://fwd4.me/rsA
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-a-Cargo-Kilt/
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107968.0

Thanks, Ill check em out.

Denim works too. And I thank the poster for the pointer too.

Me? I wear denim shorts about half the year, showing off all the
cuts, scrapes, and gashes which happen to my legs on a daily basis.
They're PFTC for active men, as you all know.

Indeed.

I understand that kilts are instant magnets for women. Now I know why
you want one, ya perv.

VBG

Smile - ah yes... memories.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Tue, 07 Dec 2010
07:56:44 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Jayzuss, $215-$566 for a Utilikilt? Uckfay Atthay Oisenay!
Who do they frackin' think they are, Festeringtool?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Can you or the EX sew? Have her stitch up some nice denim for yer
UtiliCargoMAN'SmanKilt.

http://fwd4.me/rsA
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-a-Cargo-Kilt/
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107968.0

Cool. Thanks.

I know how to wrap the "belted plaide" (aka the "great kilt"-
length of fabric, belt and pin at your shoulder). Tis the pre sewn
half kilts which confuse me.

Me? I wear denim shorts about half the year, showing off all the
cuts, scrapes, and gashes which happen to my legs on a daily basis.
They're PFTC for active men, as you all know.

I understand that kilts are instant magnets for women. Now I know why
you want one, ya perv.

I don't know about him, but as I told the rector's wife, when she
asked me "tis nothing worn, tis all in fine working condition!" She
laughed and said "Braggart!"

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 7, 8:24*am, rangerssuck wrote:
On Dec 7, 3:16*am, Gunner Asch wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

How about saving up to pay your taxes, Mr. "patriot" ?

When you see Gunner stop posting and start working, then and only then
will you know that he is FINALLY paying his creditors.

Until then, you and I...and all the stupid conservatives who drink his
brand of koolaid will be paying his bills.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:36:15 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Doug White wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

My family has 3 UtiliKilts. They are well designed, and very well made.
The Survial model with detachable pockets are my favorites.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

The customer made ads are also a hoot.

Doug White

Caution: Utilikilt not recommended for use while welding.

Material issues, or coverage issues?

I usually wear shorts in the long hot summers here, and weld in them
regularly, but also wear a long leather apron to protect my legs.

Or is the Utilikilt not tough enough?

Certainly coverage, potentially flammability. The additional leather
apron may negate some of those issues.

For myself, I do pretty much all TIG and don't care for third degree
sunburn, so I am always fully covered when welding.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in
ter.com:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:36:15 -0600, "Pete C."
wrote:

Doug White wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

[...]

They also make leather Utilikilts. VERY pricey, but REALLY nice.

The regular ones are made out of heavy cotton twill. Certainly as rugged
as a good denim.

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:
Workplace seating to suit as well:

http://www.shirleypipeband.com/underkilt4.jpg

What would the women's version of that chair look like?

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated.

Check with the West Virginia OSHA, ask for their report on
"Kilt at work"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

Dennis wrote:
Workplace seating to suit as well:

http://www.shirleypipeband.com/underkilt4.jpg

What would the women's version of that chair look like?

--

Dunno. Ever played quoits?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:
Dunno. Ever played quoits?

No but you probably could with the lady's chair.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Gunner

Aren't they "one size fits all". Just wrap it around till
it quits and a BIG safety pin. :-)
Oh and the Tartan is more important than brand or material. :-)
...lew...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 02:44:18 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
ster.com:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Or is the Utilikilt not tough enough?

Certainly coverage, potentially flammability. The additional leather
apron may negate some of those issues.

For myself, I do pretty much all TIG and don't care for third degree
sunburn, so I am always fully covered when welding.

They also make leather Utilikilts. VERY pricey, but REALLY nice.

The regular ones are made out of heavy cotton twill. Certainly as rugged
as a good denim.

And for "only" twenty five times the price of a good pair of jeans. (I
buy $10 pairs of Rustler jeans at BiMart and couldn't be happier.)

C'mon. There's the same amount of material in a Utilikilt as a pair of
jeans, yet they're ungodly expensive. That rankles me. Oh, I forgot.
They spend six more minutes to install half a dozen rivets and press
the pleats. I sure don't see the draw those things have to guys,
especially given the abuse they get from other guys when wearing them.

Enjoy your kilties, boys!

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated.

Check with the West Virginia OSHA, ask for their report on
"Kilt at work"

Um, just how many rapes -were- there? snort

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

There is a nice MacKenzie 38" for sale in Ottawa. Heavy weight, about
20 years old. Owner wants $200.
I don't know if I would recommend it as "dirty" work wear, but if you
want to be ready for action????
If its in your price range, I will find the address.
By the way, a kilt is very warm in winter (Canadian), I cannot
understand why women that wear "kilts" insist on wearing those heavy
tights with them.
Ray

On Dec 7, 12:16*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
*38/24 size

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
*or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
*caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Wed, 08 Dec 2010
06:11:04 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 02:44:18 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

If you haven't the balls to wear 'a dress' do not come whining to
me.

I've yet to have a kilt bunch up in the crotch.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Gunner

Just remember the correct answer when someone asks," what do you wear
under a kilt?"

"Socks"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 07:01:29 -0700, Lewis Hartswick
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Gunner

Aren't they "one size fits all". Just wrap it around till
it quits and a BIG safety pin. :-)
Oh and the Tartan is more important than brand or material. :-)

Isn't that a sauce you put on fish?

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Gunner

Just remember the correct answer when someone asks," what do you wear
under a kilt?"

"Socks"

http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics/The_Scotsman.shtml
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 02:44:18 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
nster.com:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

The pleats are all stitched in place. There's also a lot more fabric in
them than a pair of jeans (6 or 7 yards is typical for a kilt). Yes,
they are expensive, but they also aren't cranked out in an automated
factory in China.

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Im going to save up for a working kilt and was wondering which brand/
style/material/type was the best for the buck?

Suggestions ideas etc greatly appreciated

Anyone have a good used one kicking around collecting dust?
38/24 size

Gunner

Just remember the correct answer when someone asks," what do you wear
under a kilt?"

"Socks"

Three?

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 06:11:04 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
nster.com:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

I wont be wearing a kilt..if they cost $225. Not a ****ing chance.

Gunner

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:06:31 -0800 (PST), moke one
wrote:

20 years old. Owner wants $200.
I don't know if I would recommend it as "dirty" work wear, but if you
want to be ready for action????
If its in your price range, I will find the address.
By the way, a kilt is very warm in winter (Canadian), I cannot
understand why women that wear "kilts" insist on wearing those heavy
tights with them.
Ray

For $200..I can buy 9 pairs of Wrangler jeans brand new.

Ill hold off until I find something affordable.

But thanks anyways.

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 03:16:16 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 06:11:04 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
onster.com:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Their tuxedo model costs $560. thud Methinks their sales plan is
based on finding someone who makes high-quality wool in the proper
plaid for certain hard-to-find clan offshoots, getting his highest
price, then adding eBay's best price ever to that figure. I don't see
them selling too many of those things at those prices, but they might
make their advertising on it.

But you can always make your own if you truly feel the need to wear a
skirtlike garment, sir.

--
That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something
you've understood all your life, but in a new way.