DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bristol Alloys (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/314039-re-bristol-alloys.html)

Wes[_5_] November 24th 10 12:25 AM

Bristol Alloys

Ignoramus21476 wrote:

Just 10 years for this, it is shocking.

Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

Wes

Ignoramus21476 November 24th 10 12:52 AM

Bristol Alloys

On 2010-11-24, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus21476 wrote:

Just 10 years for this, it is shocking.

Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

Exactly. For sure so, if anyone dies from it.

Michael A. Terrell November 24th 10 01:17 AM

Bristol Alloys

Wes wrote:

Ignoramus21476 wrote:

Just 10 years for this, it is shocking.

Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

They should take him water skiing, behind a submarine. :(

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

Bruce[_7_] November 24th 10 01:28 AM

Bristol Alloys

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:25:58 -0500, Wes
wrote:

Ignoramus21476 wrote:

Just 10 years for this, it is shocking.

Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

Wes

How barbaric! They don't even execute people for murder anymore.

But being a bit less facetious, it appears that the current U.S. (I
don't know anything about Europe) penalties for crime does not prove a
deterrent. Perhaps it is time for a change?

Cheers,

Brice

Jim Wilkins November 24th 10 01:38 AM

Bristol Alloys

On Nov 23, 8:17*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

F. George McDuffee November 24th 10 03:14 AM

Bristol Alloys

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:52:23 -0600, Ignoramus21476

On 2010-11-24, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus21476 wrote:

Just 10 years for this, it is shocking.

Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

Exactly. For sure so, if anyone dies from it.

===========
How about the 11 people that did die in the BP rig explosion
because of the cheap cement Halliburton used
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwat...izon_oil_spill
http://www.rigexplosionfirm.com/
or the BP refinery exlosion in Texas City in 2005 that
killed 15 and maimed scores more?
http://www.thecuttingedgenews.com/in...?article=12199
http://www.educationnews.org/politic...sm/103070.html

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Michael A. Terrell November 24th 10 03:19 AM

Bristol Alloys

Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Nov 23, 8:17 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

They should take him water skiing, behind a submarine. :(

Assign him to measure hull contraction on a test dive.

Or to clean the torpedo tubes while sbmerged...

David R. Birch November 26th 10 02:32 PM

Bristol Alloys

On 11/23/2010 7:28 PM, Bruce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 19:25:58 -0500, Wes

Just 10 years for this, it is shocking.

Falsifying materials going into a US sub, should be executed for treason.

Wes

How barbaric! They don't even execute people for murder anymore.

Sure, "they" do.

But being a bit less facetious, it appears that the current U.S. (I
don't know anything about Europe) penalties for crime does not prove a
deterrent. Perhaps it is time for a change?

You're suggesting ending penalties for crime?

I don't see capital punishment as a deterrent, but I do see it as
preferable to warehousing killers until they die of old age. I consider
locking them in a cage till they die to be "cruel and unusual
punishment", which is banned by our Constitution.

David