Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GPS info request..Nextar M3-02

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:47:32 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

A buddy of mine gave me a Nextar M3-02 GPS unit, still in the box. When
I turn it on..it loads the main screen and then stops. Pressing the
reset button on the back will get me to setup, music and so forth..but
and it will play MP3s loaded on a 2 gig card (which I had to
purchase)..but wont ever go to the mapping function.

I cant tell from the manual(s) if the maps are supposed to be on a
seperate SD card, or are stored inside the unit. I think...think the
maps are supposed to be on a SD card..but it didnt come with one.

The mapping SW is on an SD card. You can't navigate and play music at
the same time. Page 15 of the manual:

" Please note you cannot use the navigation function of the device at
the same
time as using the MP3 player. Remove the mapping software SD card that
comes with
the device from the SD card slot on the side of the unit. Then insert
your SD card with
your MP3 or WMA music files."

GPS info request..Nextar M3-02 Jon Anderson Metalworking 1 November 15th 10 05:42 AM
GPS info request..Nextar M3-02 Jon Anderson Metalworking 0 November 15th 10 05:19 AM
GPS info request..Nextar M3-02 Jon Anderson Metalworking 4 November 15th 10 03:07 AM
Info request Nick UK diy 23 September 24th 06 09:46 PM
info request Jerry Electronics Repair 1 January 11th 06 08:33 PM