DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CNC Mills and lathe on Morrison, IL (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/312974-cnc-mills-lathe-morrison-il.html)

Ignoramus15579 November 6th 10 03:50 PM

CNC Mills and lathe on Morrison, IL

Two Bridgeport R2E4 and One Hardinge Superprecision CNC MH-CHNC
lathe. The lathe, specifically, looks like a good retrofit candidate.

In Morrison, IL (near Davenport and Clinton).

I am not going, of course.

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/photo.php?photo=9661697
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/photo.php?photo=9661661
http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/photo.php?photo=9661579

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] November 6th 10 03:56 PM

CNC Mills and lathe on Morrison, IL

Ignoramus15579 fired this volley in
:

Two Bridgeport R2E4 and One Hardinge Superprecision CNC MH-CHNC
lathe. The lathe, specifically, looks like a good retrofit candidate.

That's not such ancient technology that it couldn't be repaired.

LLoyd

Ignoramus15579 November 6th 10 04:18 PM

On 2010-11-06, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus15579 fired this volley in
:

Two Bridgeport R2E4 and One Hardinge Superprecision CNC MH-CHNC
lathe. The lathe, specifically, looks like a good retrofit candidate.

That's not such ancient technology that it couldn't be repaired.

It may even be working as it is now.

Karl Townsend November 6th 10 04:36 PM

CNC Mills and lathe on Morrison, IL

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:50:06 -0500, Ignoramus15579
wrote:

Two Bridgeport R2E4 and One Hardinge Superprecision CNC MH-CHNC
lathe. The lathe, specifically, looks like a good retrofit candidate.

In Morrison, IL (near Davenport and Clinton).

I am not going, of course.

I have the Hardinge CHNC. One VERY FINE machine. Iggy, you know you
need a CNC lathe VBG

Karl

Ignoramus15579 November 6th 10 04:59 PM

wrote:

Two Bridgeport R2E4 and One Hardinge Superprecision CNC MH-CHNC
lathe. The lathe, specifically, looks like a good retrofit candidate.

In Morrison, IL (near Davenport and Clinton).

I am not going, of course.

I have the Hardinge CHNC. One VERY FINE machine. Iggy, you know you
need a CNC lathe VBG

I do know this, but for now I have suspended all machine acquisition
etc activities, because I work on my website in all my spare
time. Things have changed greatly in September and I have a sense of
urgency about this website stuff now.

Plus, I am not sure if I need a CNC lathe at all, as most of the
things that I do on a lathe are best done manually. It is different
from milling.

Like, the day before yesterday I had to shorten a threaded section of
a handle and put a bevel on it. It took a minute to do on my manual
lathe. I bet it would be longer on a CNC. I do not know that much, of
course.

So I look at all those things, drool, but I pass them all for now.

Karl Townsend November 6th 10 11:03 PM

CNC Mills and lathe on Morrison, IL

wrote:

[...]

If you're making a one of and all the surfaces are square, either face
or turn, then manual lathe is easier. If you got tapers, rounds,
threads, lot of different tools, need more than one; CNC is the way to
go.

Karl

Ignoramus15579 November 6th 10 11:50 PM

wrote:

[...]

Not as much curved stuff. Sometimes the surface would be tapered, but
still straight.