Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default shooting stars

apropos of nothing in particular regarding this game (in which the
referee just made a horrible call= Clarkson gets called for
interference after being pushed), how is it possible that you can
reach the pinnacle of this sport and become one of the top 700 or so
players on the continent and not be able to hit the net with pretty
much every shot?

I understand they're not aiming for the middle. They're usually aiming
just inside the posts, or just under the crossbar or in the corners,
but some of the missed shots are remarkably far from the target. I
also understand that there are defenders to deal with, but again,
these are the BEST players on the continent.

What's up with that?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 1, 11:19*pm, rangerssuck wrote:
apropos of nothing in particular regarding this game (in which the
referee just made a horrible call= Clarkson gets called for
interference after being pushed), how is it possible that you can
reach the pinnacle of this sport and become one of the top 700 or so
players on the continent and not be able to hit the net with pretty
much every shot?

I understand they're not aiming for the middle. They're usually aiming
just inside the posts, or just under the crossbar or in the corners,
but some of the missed shots are remarkably far from the target. I
also understand that there are defenders to deal with, but again,
these are the BEST players on the continent.

What's up with that?

Oh...wrong group. you may now continue your political bickering. Move
along, nothing to see here.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rangerssuck wrote:

On Nov 1, 11:19*pm, rangerssuck wrote:
apropos of nothing in particular regarding this game (in which the
referee just made a horrible call= Clarkson gets called for
interference after being pushed), how is it possible that you can
reach the pinnacle of this sport and become one of the top 700 or so
players on the continent and not be able to hit the net with pretty
much every shot?

I understand they're not aiming for the middle. They're usually aiming
just inside the posts, or just under the crossbar or in the corners,
but some of the missed shots are remarkably far from the target. I
also understand that there are defenders to deal with, but again,
these are the BEST players on the continent.

What's up with that?

Oh...wrong group. you may now continue your political bickering. Move
along, nothing to see here.

Wow, the day after the election and I haven't read a single political post in RCM. I must
have finally got my filters tweeked correctly.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 3, 5:27*am, Wes wrote:

Wow, the day after the election and I haven't read a single political post in RCM. *I must
have finally got my filters tweeked correctly. *

Wes

Google Groups here, no filters except remembering whose brain is in
their skull vs their pelvis. The signal isn't that hard to separate
from the noise by looking at the author.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 1, 8:19*pm, rangerssuck wrote:
apropos of nothing in particular regarding this game (in which the
referee just made a horrible call= Clarkson gets called for
interference after being pushed), how is it possible that you can
reach the pinnacle of this sport and become one of the top 700 or so
players on the continent and not be able to hit the net with pretty
much every shot?

I understand they're not aiming for the middle. They're usually aiming
just inside the posts, or just under the crossbar or in the corners,
but some of the missed shots are remarkably far from the target. I
also understand that there are defenders to deal with, but again,
these are the BEST players on the continent.

What's up with that?

Didn't see the Horrible call: Sounds like a tactic my doughter's
coach is teaching. Stand in back of a defender then go for the ball
and make contact. Interference call and defender is dumb struck.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:

[...]

No. The losers are all in shock. ;-)

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 05:27:27 -0400, Wes
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:

[...]

The election results are not all in yet.

and the hunt for ACORN vote fraud hasnt hit stride yet.....

VBG

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 5, 12:33*pm, John Doe wrote:
Apparently many of the regulars spend most of their time trolling
"my gun is bigger than your gun"
"my politics is right, your politics is wrong"
and other off-topic crap.

rangerssuck rangerssuck gmail.com wrote:

see also Google Groups

From: rangerssuck rangerssuck gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: shooting stars
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 20:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
Organization:http://groups.google.com

apropos of nothing in particular regarding this game (in which the
referee just made a horrible call= Clarkson gets called for
interference after being pushed), how is it possible that you can
reach the pinnacle of this sport and become one of the top 700 or so
players on the continent and not be able to hit the net with pretty
much every shot?

I understand they're not aiming for the middle. They're usually aiming
just inside the posts, or just under the crossbar or in the corners,
but some of the missed shots are remarkably far from the target. I
also understand that there are defenders to deal with, but again,
these are the BEST players on the continent.

What's up with that?- Hide quoted text -

Hey - screw you Mr. usenet cop. I *MISTAKENLY* posted that to the
wrong group, but you couldn't be bothered to read the very next
posting where I owned up to it. Go **** yourself.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

wrote:

On Nov 1, 11:19 pm, wrote:
[...]

The reason you aren't hearing that much is because the election wasn't
that big a deal. In non presidential elections the party in power always
loses seats in congress. It's just a matter of how many. With a 9.7%
unemployment number it figured a lot of people would be voting
incumbents out of office, which they did.

But all that happened was that the republicans got the majority in one
of the three branches of the government. Democrats still control both
the Senate and the Presidency, which means they are still in the
driver's seat. The republican congress will have the ability to pass no
legislation. They won't get a thing done. Obama will still be running
the country and setting the agenda. So even though the Democrats lost
the majority in the House very little of importance has happened. So
like Obe Wan said, nothing to see here, move along.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"..because the election wasn't
that big a deal."

Change in power in the house ? Change in power in the Senate ?
Yes Senate - no super power override or crush a vote power anymore sob sob.

Largest loss in face in 50 years or more. But "wasn't that big a deal"

Ok - denial is wonderful isn't it Hawke.

Wait until next time.

Martin

On 11/6/2010 12:36 AM, Hawke wrote:

Wes wrote:

wrote:

On Nov 1, 11:19 pm, wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

wrote:

On Nov 1, 11:19 pm, wrote:
[...]

I guess you don't know what having only a majority in the House means.
You aren't in control of anything. You can't pass any bills the senate
doesn't feel like passing and if you get the senate to go along you have
to get Obama to go along with it too. So while it is better to be in the
majority than the minority, it's not that big a deal. The Democrats were
in the same boat in 2007 and 2008. They had the ostensible majority in
both houses but they were not able to get any of their legislation past
Bush's vetos. They had to wait until Obama was elected to actually make
any changes. It'll be the same with the republicans. They won't be able
to make any changes, which is why I say getting the majority in just the
House is not that big a deal. Besides with the economy in such bad shape
still and with the unemployment still such a problem losing a lot of
seats for the party in power was completely expected. It just meant that
the public is still mad about the situation in the country. I don't
blame them for that. But I do blame them for no holding the people who
caused their pain responsible. That was the republicans. Only fools put
people in office that only two years ago nearly wrecked the country. So
it's clear, we have a lot of fools.

Hawke