DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Jay Leno's garage on metal 3D scanning and ABS printing (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/312477-re-jay-lenos-garage-metal-3d-scanning-abs-printing.html)

RangersSuck October 28th 10 07:07 PM

Jay Leno's garage on metal 3D scanning and ABS printing

On Oct 28, 12:54*am, Richard J Kinch wrote:
http://widgets.nbc.com/o/47f1317f105...aa0/47fe70d455...

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/

Jay has some very cool stuff. I don't always think he's very funny
(cetainly not compared to Carson), but he has excellent taste in toys.
And he doesn't just look at them, he actually plays with them.

I recently saw a show about steam power (Science Channel, maybe?), and
he showed off some of his collection, including the White steam car
and a Stanley Steamer, as well as a couple of stationary steam
engines. All fully restored (looking probably better than new), and
all fully operational. He didn't just show them off, he fired up the
boilers, drove the cars and ran the engines.

Very, very cool stuff.